Contribute
Register

HD3000 with QE/CI Lion 10.7-10.7.2 (dsdt mod free)

Status
Not open for further replies.
besweeet said:
sketcher said:
Good news seem like update to 10.7.1 completely solved artifact/gliches/garbage. Now Intel HD3000 work perfectly with QE/CI.

I wonder if it helps with the HD2000... Will experiment with some things shortly.

Please do - I have my eye on the G620T (35w i3 w/ HD2000) for HTPC purposes. It'd be awesome if it worked :mrgreen:

weaksauce12 said:
Please do - I have my eye on the G620T (35w i3 w/ HD2000) for HTPC purposes. It'd be awesome if it worked :mrgreen:

Installed 10.7.1, restarted, same thing as initially (full resolution, no QE/CI in Safe Mode; full resolution, ? QE/CI without Safe Mode (gets stuck at an Apple logo with my cursor).

Did the 2 .kext Info.plist tweaks, and the same thing happens.

I noticed that my device ID (0102) is already in the Info.plist file for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in the first block of IDs (well, not "block", since only 0x01028086 is the only one there, and then there's another block of IDs further down).

besweeet said:
weaksauce12 said:

Installed 10.7.1, restarted, same thing as initially (full resolution, no QE/CI in Safe Mode; full resolution, ? QE/CI without Safe Mode (gets stuck at an Apple logo with my cursor).

I noticed that my device ID (0102) is already in the Info.plist file for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in the first block of IDs (well, not "block", since only 0x01028086 is the only one there, and then there's another block of IDs further down).

Which board/chip are you using?

weaksauce12 said:
besweeet said:
weaksauce12 said:

Core i3-2100 (HD 2000) + MSI H67MA-E35.

besweeet said:
weaksauce12 said:
besweeet said:

Core i3-2100 (HD 2000) + MSI H67MA-E35.

Thanks. I've got a Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3. I'm looking at the G620T (er, Pentium Dual-Core 1155, not i3, my bad) because of the low 35-watt power requirement:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819116401

HD2000 + Audio over HDMI is the dream. That'd be a great low-power HTPC chip. I may just bite the bullet and go with the i3-2105 for the HD3000 though.

weaksauce12 said:
Thanks. I've got a Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3. I'm looking at the G620T (er, Pentium Dual-Core 1155, not i3, my bad) because of the low 35-watt power requirement:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819116401

HD2000 + Audio over HDMI is the dream. That'd be a great low-power HTPC chip. I may just bite the bullet and go with the i3-2105 for the HD3000 though.

Yeah, the 2105 would be better (if Mac OS X is your thing). I built this PC primarily for Windows use, but went ahead and put Lion onto it (since hackintoshing has never been any easier IMO). I REALLY want to get the HD 2000 working. Pissing me off o_O.

sketcher said:
Good news seem like update to 10.7.1 completely solved artifact/gliches/garbage. Now Intel HD3000 work perfectly with QE/CI.

Is it possible to go from 10.7.2 beta to 10.7.1?

Hi,
here i am to share my experiment trying to make hd3000 working.
i use a zotac h67-itx-ce

all thoses experiment were made with smbios macbookpro8.1

-dsdt without dualink edit without changing 10.7.0 kext= no QE/CI and only 1024*768
-dsdt without dualink edit with intelhdgraphic.kext edit to put my id processor= QE/CI actived but only 1024*768
-dsdt without duallinkedit with intelhdgraphic and intelsnbgraphicFB modified with my processor id= freeze and artefacts
-dsdt with dualink edit with the 2 previous kext modified with my processor id = full resolution and QECI actived but LATENCY+++++ (NOT USABLE)
-dsdt with dualink with intelhdgraphic modified with my processor id and tony modified intelsnbgraphicFB(LVDS connection disable)=full résolution and QE/CI actived , work like a charm

-idem but with smbios macpro5.1=KP
-idem but with smbios imac 12.2= freeze and artefacts
-idem but with smbios macbookpro8.1 BUT we change in it Macbook pro to Imac and Macbookpro8.1 to imac12.2= full résolution QE/CI activé works perfectly (so the SMBOardproduct of macbookpro 8.1 is needed)

other intresting experiment, i installed the tony kext with kext utility but i don't know why but since the 10.7.0 , it doesn't succed to create the extensions.mkext, it stop because of the timeut
the first installation of the tony kext , the screen was perfect, no artefact, no latency, unfortunately, i lost the sound, so i use multibeast and use repair cache and permissions and applehda rollback

after the reboot , kernel panic and loop reboot. i use the terminal via installation dvd of snow leopard,remove applehda in S\L\E, i reboot. Lion works again but i have artefacts very often, like when i move windows .

i tried to remove intelsnbgraphicfb.kext and reinstall it with kext utility(for the recrords,kext utility doesn't succes to create extensions.mkext for me), i reboot and then,no more artefacts, smooth,etc..

then i tried to make what kext utility does not, i use multibeast repare permissions and cache,reboot, and then ARTEFACTS.Strange isn't?

then i try to find out where is the problem.
i decide to remove extra\extensions.mkext and system\library\extensions.mkext, , i reboot and then no more artefacts.

since, i reboot, work on it ,etc and no more artefacts

i don't know if it is me or if it is a real problem

if people who have 10.7.0 and/ or artefacts, if you could try to delete those 2 extensions.mkext (\E\Extensions and \S\L\Extensions.mkext, does it solve your problem?

Does anybody could help me with my sound issue (i got a reboot loop if i use applehda rollback)?

thanks

Quote from the first post :

3. Open info.plist and looking for 0x01068086 and replace it with your id (it's 0x01128086 for me) in both files.

Do we have a compiled list of id's corresponding to processors?

I really want to try this, but wish this step was more explicit

thx!

discreetlogic said:
Quote from the first post :

3. Open info.plist and looking for 0x01068086 and replace it with your id (it's 0x01128086 for me) in both files.

Do we have a compiled list of id's corresponding to processors?

I really want to try this, but wish this step was more explicit

thx!

You can get your device ID in System Profiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back