Contribute
Register

HD3000 Stuck on 1024x768

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I change my boot options after the initial install?

I have this same problem with 'GraphicsEnabler=No'. But I don't know if I can fix that because I have not been able to boot with 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes' and when I changed that setting I did a full reinstall of the OS.

EDIT: I fixed the resolution issue using MultiBeast. I set the system to a Mac Mini and chose 64-bit Apple bootscreen (GraphicsEnable=Yes). I now have a full selection of resolutions.

mikebegin said:
RiderFx3 said:
- In your BIOS, setup 480mb for integrated graphics (or less if you have less of 8gb of Ram)
- Upgrade to Lion 10.7.2
- Plug your HDMI port
- Install your DSDT
- In Multibeast : systems definition SMBIOS "MacMini"
- be sure you are booting with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

Reboot and enjoy ;)

I have tried this numerous times, via HDMI and DVI.

I have Z68X-UD3H-B3 F10 board with the i3 Core CPU with the HD 3000 graphics and 8GB RAM. Everything works great, except for the resolution stuck at 1024x768.

I have reloaded Lion about 8 times, and used various combinations in MultiBeast, but I cannot get the HD3000 past the 1024x768 resolution.

Bios is set for 480mb
Boot flags:
PCIRootUID=0 (1 does not boot)
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Lion 10.7.2
Tried the F9 and F10 DSDT files
SMBIOS set to "MacMini"

If anyone has other suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Thanks!

hey @mikebegin we are working on this in another forum. will post you results if figure it out.

the guy helping me has been MIA for the past several days. can anyone else help me out?

Following the tip to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Lion's login screen appears in 1920*1080! But now it reacts so slow that it's quite not possible to enter my password (or even a single character). In addition, no button (Turn off, reboot,...) can be clicked with the mouse.
Can anyone help?
BIOS is set to 480MB, SMBIOS to Mac mini. DSDT installed.
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3

EDIT: With password protection turned off (means without login screen) the screen remains black but you can see and move the mouse. Nothing happens but going to sleep after a while.

EDIT2: Fresh Lion installation with GraphicsEnabler=No. At first, only DSDT and Mac mini Profile installed. Reboot. Boots without problems, 1920*1080 on login (without password, directly enters desktop). But again, it is too slow to do anything. Mouse can be moved but no click is recognized. Does anyone know what to do?

EDIT3: Since my problem does not touch the thread's issue, I created a new thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59219. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back