Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone,
I completed my first Hackintosh build over the holidays thanks to the wonderful guides and forums here. I'm running the following:
*Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 BIOS F9
*i5-2500k
*Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM

I have installed Lion and upgraded to 10.7.2 successfully. I've used MultiBeast to install remaining drivers to fix a few issues, but I can't manage to get any resolution higher than 1024x768. I'm using the HD3000 onboard graphics.

I've tried both DVI and HDMI connections, as well as editing the system definition to Mac Mini. System Profiler lists my graphics as "Display 64MB". I've spent a few hours searching for an answer here, but to no avail. I'm open to any suggestions.

EDIT: I previously had to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No but rebooting with =Yes seemed to fix the problem. Also fixed a problem with YouTube videos not playing correctly.

I'm using DVI on the same board as you. Chimera and a reboot was all I needed. I also deleted all Multibeast video-related kexts, but I'm not sure that mattered.
Now to get rid of these horizontal lines that appear on my YouTube videos...

i had a long trouble shooting process with bootloaders and not being able to reboot after they were installed here is the link http://www.osx86.net/10-7-lion/13453-every-bootloader-fails-boot-after-install.html#post91801

anyways now my resolution is 1024x768 as well under system info about it says its a macbook pro 13-in early 2011. but my graphics is unknown 64 mb i can tell the resolution is off it should be 1366x768x32 i tried changing this with chameleon wizard and didnt do the trick. can anyone help me out please? this is one of the final things i need to correct in a long process of my first hackintosh. thanks!

Leave it to HDMI,

Then with Multibeast, identify your Hackintosh as a Mac Mini.

Worked for me, Minis come with HD3000 by default ;)

Now I only have a few glitches with videos and stuff... radom lines and mosaics once in a while... still very usable tho! :)

my problem is that i had to delete a lot of video/graphics kext in order for me to boot. now i cant get intel hd 3000 graphics re installed. i can now boot and everything but resolution is low and intel graphics not recognized

- In your BIOS, setup 480mb for integrated graphics (or less if you have less of 8gb of Ram)
- Upgrade to Lion 10.7.2
- Plug your HDMI port
- Install your DSDT
- In Multibeast : systems definition SMBIOS "MacMini"
- be sure you are booting with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

Reboot and enjoy ;)

i dont have hdmi if i get this solved i will let you know @nikitosina

RiderFx3 said:
- In your BIOS, setup 480mb for integrated graphics (or less if you have less of 8gb of Ram)
- Upgrade to Lion 10.7.2
- Plug your HDMI port
- Install your DSDT
- In Multibeast : systems definition SMBIOS "MacMini"
- be sure you are booting with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

Reboot and enjoy ;)

I have tried this numerous times, via HDMI and DVI.

I have Z68X-UD3H-B3 F10 board with the i3 Core CPU with the HD 3000 graphics and 8GB RAM. Everything works great, except for the resolution stuck at 1024x768.

I have reloaded Lion about 8 times, and used various combinations in MultiBeast, but I cannot get the HD3000 past the 1024x768 resolution.

Bios is set for 480mb
Boot flags:
PCIRootUID=0 (1 does not boot)
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Lion 10.7.2
Tried the F9 and F10 DSDT files
SMBIOS set to "MacMini"

If anyone has other suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Thanks!

You must completely REMOVE the flag PCIRootUID !

And your HD3000 will load ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back