Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
silly question, I'm sure I bought an i5-2500k for the HD3000 support, but it's listed as Processor 3.31 GHz Intel Core i5 in the list, can anyone with a 2500k let me know what theirs says ?

mjb152 said:
silly question, I'm sure I bought an i5-2500k for the HD3000 support, but it's listed as Processor 3.31 GHz Intel Core i5 in the list, can anyone with a 2500k let me know what theirs says ?

I don't have a 2500k, and am not sure where you are wanting people to look but..
That's what a 3500k is, a 3.3 i5. My old Q9550 usually would should up as a "core 2 quad" It's not normal for places to list the model number..

mjb152 said:

I think what HoochShepherd meant to say was...

i5 2500k is listed as i5 2500 3.31 GHz.

My mom runs a hack I built for her with 2500k and its listed exactly as you stated, so you are good to go man :thumbup:

My i7 2600k, next model up is listed as i7 3.41 GHz so its all good even though Ive overclocked this baby to 4.8 GHz with speedstep working and it gets a geekbench score of 16000 + :headbang:

thanks for the responses. Looks like I have other issues then.
I'm using the iBoot and Multibeast method, with a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard with i5 2500k, and it refuses to give me anything other than 1024x768 over hdmi. I have to type GraphicsEnabler=No for the initial screens, would that that it working afterwards even if I multibeast it ? I can't seem to get HD3000 working with the onboard :x

mjb152 said:
thanks for the responses. Looks like I have other issues then.
I'm using the iBoot and Multibeast method, with a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard with i5 2500k, and it refuses to give me anything other than 1024x768 over hdmi. I have to type GraphicsEnabler=No for the initial screens, would that that it working afterwards even if I multibeast it ? I can't seem to get HD3000 working with the onboard :x

Man, if you want a sure method that everyone should use from now on.

Use the unibeast method straight to Lion, its amazing, works everytime for me on 5 different occasions :thumbup:

Sorry, late night, I am using unibeast straight to lion, I'm trying to use hd3000 over hdmi but I just get no choices over video resolutions except for the basic. I installed win 7 today and that also reports back that I'm using built in VGA, but then let me whack the resolution up to full. I think my best way out is to buy a graphics card, so I'll splash £50 tomorrow and get a 1gb pcie, the cross my fingers, I'll check the database first to see what's good. Shame as I don't need any graphical performance, I thought the hd3000 would have sufficed

I believe HD3000 does not work through HDMI port. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong. :think:

jester969 said:
I believe HD3000 does not work through HDMI port. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong. :think:

Ofcourse it works VIA Hdmi, it doesnt work via VGA...

Can you please check your plugged into HDMI 1 ?

I cant understand why your not getting full resolution... are u using the correct multibeast options? o_O

well, now I am fully working with HDMI, this is exactly what I did to make it work.
1. I used Unibeast, and set the bios as per the guide.
2. I had to use PCIRootUID=0 to do the original install, but not afterwards.
3. Just after the install, I used DSDT.aml from the database for my motherboard, and Multibeast to install it. I also set the ID to be 8.1, and then I rebooted.

After the reboot (didn't have to type any options at all), it worked perfectly.
Thanks for the advice, I'm happy to check anything if anybody else is stuck.

KidCastro said:
jester969 said:

Ofcourse it works VIA Hdmi, it doesnt work via VGA...

Can you please check your plugged into HDMI 1 ?

I cant understand why your not getting full resolution... are u using the correct multibeast options? o_O

Ah, yes VGA. :think: Wrong port. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back