Contribute
Register

HD3000 and dual monitors. All I have is mirrored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 990 Q67 Motherboard
CPU
i5 2400
Graphics
HD 5450
I have dual monitors connected to my GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, with 2500k, to VGA and DVI. But instead of dual monitors I have the same thing on both. MacOS only acknowledges the monitor connected to DVI. I am using the new chimera. What can I do to get dual monitors working?
Thanks,
CP

CptanPanic said:
I have dual monitors connected to my GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, with 2500k, to VGA and DVI. But instead of dual monitors I have the same thing on both. MacOS only acknowledges the monitor connected to DVI. I am using the new chimera. What can I do to get dual monitors working?
Thanks,
CP

Normally you only need to uncheck the "mirror" checkbox in the Displays section in the System Preferences

CptanPanic said:
Thanks,
CP

Are you using the MacMini5,1 smbios?

KBh2r9dcuG6rg5Rm said:
Have you found a solution?
Nope, have you experienced the same thing? The dual monitors works fine if I dual-boot to windows so it is not hardware. Anything I can try?

CptanPanic said:
Nope, have you experienced the same thing?
No, but I'm thinking of buying a Sandy Bridge system and I'm trying to figure out whether I need an additional graphics card or not.

I was able to get this working by buying a HDMI to DVI adapter, so I have my 2 monitors on DVI and HDMI ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back