Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I have recently installed Snow Leopard 10.6.8 using the Iboot + Multibeast method. Everything seemed to work fine, I installed Easybeast, System Utilities, VoodooHDA for the audio and Hnak's AppleIntelE1000e for the internet.
The problem started when i tried to play some 1080p. It's barely managed to playback a few consisting frame. I was shocked to see how poorly it played the 1080p content, which was completely smooth in windows 7. It even affected the machine as it looked like it's about to crash.

Given my hardware, is there any other driver I should have installed? And if not, what might be the cause for the problem?

Questions to help: Do you know if QE/CI is enabled? Have you checked to see what OS X recognizes your card as? Check com.apple.boot.plist in your Extras/Extensions in your OS X root to see if you have Graphics enabler set to no. Should look like this if you do:

Code:
<key>Graphics Enabler</key>
<string>No</string>

It sounds like your graphics card may not be fully installed. If it is, you should be able to change that no to a yes, but I wouldnt recommend trying that right away as it could cause problems booting.

-AC3

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay, I was away from home for the past 2 days.
I checked com.apple.boot.plist and the Graphic Enabler is actually set to 'yes'.
I'm using 'Perian' to play the mkv files, Does it even use GPU acceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back