Contribute
Register

HD Graphics 3000 (No graphics card) new iBoot 3.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Mac Mini have HD3000 and Lion. So I'm sure it will work.
But for HD2000 on i7 2600???

tonymacx86 said:
TheAbz said:
tonymacx86 said:
I'll do a full guide in a few days after the NDA is lifted :shh: :clap: :D

:headbang:
Is that a full guide to installing the HD3000 graphics you mean Tony?
I have been waiting patiently until such a guide is released, its the only thing holding me back form building my Hackintosh.

That is correct. :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Tony, thanks very much for the quick release of xMove+MB. Any chance that you may be addressing the issue this thread is focused on, i.e. building a hackintosh w/ no graphics card that uses only the HD2/3000 on-board graphics? I'm particularly interested in knowing if there will be a way (perhaps in August once USB install is supported) to install a from-scratch (no 10.6.8 disc required) Lion system that does not have a graphics card.

I'm also very interested in this! :) Thanks a lot!!

I would like to know how to do this too. Thanks in advance.

I have a computer with CPU Core i7 2600K, so I have the Intel HD Graphics 3000 as my default GPU. Also I have a GeForce GTX 560 Ti. In Windows I use the Intel for normal use and the GeForce for gaming with Virtu. The screen is connected to the DVI port of the motherboard not the GeForce. I would like to install Lion and use the Intel GPU only, not the GeForce since there are no drivers and Mac doesn't virtualize GPUs like Virtu. I know that now the MacBook Air, MackBook Pro and Mac Mini have this GPU as default and can stream to internal LCD display, to a DisplayPort and now to a HDMI port. But my motherboard have a VGA/DVI/HDMI port and my screen don't have a HDMI port, only VGA/DVI. It would be possible with a injector to use the DVI port?
Thanks.

Hey i guys this are my specs
Ga-h67a-ud3h-b3
8gb ram
Intel i7 2600k
NO GRAPHICS

IM CURRENTLY DOWNLOADING LION OS ILL LET U KNOW HOW IT WORKS WITH INTEL HD 3000

I'm running Lion and still no graphics support over 1024x728 :banghead:

i7round said:
I'm running Lion and still no graphics support over 1024x728 :banghead:

So now it works natively with lion but still no better resolutions. I hope tony can get us a patch soon! He has done great work!

Any way of getting more attention to this subject?

Considering every mac besides the Mac Pro is now using the HD 3000 graphics you would think this capability would by hi on the list of hackintosh users/developers.

From a programming point of view I'm baffled why this is such a difficult task since almost all Macs are using these graphics.

But I'm not the one coding so I'm still thankful for all of the work being done :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back