Contribute
Register

HD Caddy for HP Probook 4530s and SSD Harddisk question

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikstar

ye i saw,

but still hesitant to try to put the knife to it..
i think i'll call hp and try to get this part (if they have or sell)

this way both my caddy and optical have the cover on them at all times, and i can swap if and when i need...

seems like all that's available is the actual optical drive @ $252.70
what a bargain... :lolno:

thanks,

i think i'll have to get out the knife and try to wedge out those 2 clips

Keep on mind that one is vertical and the other one is horizontal.
Use a thin knife or a blade cutter for this job.

thanks nikstar

ye i'll use the bezel i removed from the caddy as a guide, so i can know where to push the clips, in what direction etc....

nikstar

the caddy came with a bunch of screws
but what are they for?

the SSD does not seem to screw into the caddy
all i see is a plastic piece that you remove, then install SSd, then snap back the plastic piece...

do we not use the screws or screw down the SSD?

i did remove that little metal piece on the end used to screw teh caddy in place...

but how bout the actual SSD?

nik,

one more thing

to remove that optical bezel,
i don't really see space to put a razor, knife etc. to push in, out 2 pins holding it

does CD tray need to be in the OPEN position?

i put another ssd into caddy it doesn't post only work on normal HD. anyone try it yet.

musiclee said:
nikstar

the caddy came with a bunch of screws
but what are they for?

the SSD does not seem to screw into the caddy
all i see is a plastic piece that you remove, then install SSd, then snap back the plastic piece...

do we not use the screws or screw down the SSD?

i did remove that little metal piece on the end used to screw teh caddy in place...

but how bout the actual SSD?
I didn't use the screws myself but I think if you remove the metal plate maybe it's possible to secure the drive with the screws then replace the plate?

musiclee said:
nik,

one more thing

to remove that optical bezel,
i don't really see space to put a razor, knife etc. to push in, out 2 pins holding it

does CD tray need to be in the OPEN position?
I opened the drive but using a knife didn't help me much, just tried with a small flat head screwdriver and managed to get 1 clip out very easy but the other seemed like it was going to snap, I got frustrated and just pulled it and didn't care and it popped right out.
You'll also notice that fitting it to the caddy 1 clip doesn't seem to go in very easily but it just needs a little force.

Yes, it will help if the tray is opened.

About the screws I can't remember. Search to see if there is a place to screw the SSD to the caddy. I think that I screw it :D (the good way :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back