Contribute
Register

HD boots fine without USBKey but no device support...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My laptop is an older Asus Aspire 7745g (i5 8G Ati 5650) and I have been shut out so far being able to cleanly boot from the hard drive without the USBKey. I can actually boot off the HD no problem but I have no access to the login as the keyboard/mouse/usb devices appear inop. I have followed some threads solutions by copying over the kexts after mounting the EFI etc. but no go.

What I'm trying to say is:
Booting with USBKEY to HD is fine (keyboard/mouse/Lan OK)
Booting to HD without USBKEY is fine but (no keyboard/mouse/lan etc.)

I basically have copied over everything (boot and clover folders) from the thumbkey EFI to the hard drives trying to leave nothing to chance.

I am left with thinking that maybe the clover config on the USBkey is different than the clover config on the hard drive? Maybe a string is different or some command is negating the kexts etc...

Maybe cloverconfig swapping configs...

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
My laptop is an older Asus Aspire 7745g (i5 8G Ati 5650) and I have been shut out so far being able to cleanly boot from the hard drive without the USBKey. I can actually boot off the HD no problem but I have no access to the login as the keyboard/mouse/usb devices appear inop. I have followed some threads solutions by copying over the kexts after mounting the EFI etc. but no go.

What I'm trying to say is:
Booting with USBKEY to HD is fine (keyboard/mouse/Lan OK)
Booting to HD without USBKEY is fine but (no keyboard/mouse/lan etc.)

I basically have copied over everything (boot and clover folders) from the thumbkey EFI to the hard drives trying to leave nothing to chance.

I am left with thinking that maybe the clover config on the USBkey is different than the clover config on the hard drive? Maybe a string is different or some command is negating the kexts etc...

Maybe cloverconfig swapping configs...

Any help would be appreciated.
You have posted in Desktop support Forum. Please post in Laptop support at https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/high-sierra-laptop-support.192/

Very sorry, please delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back