i5-6600
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Colorful iGame GTX 460 1GB + XFX Radeon 6870 Black Edition Dual Fan
i have 460 and 6870
460 really smooth and great :thumbup:

cuda helps if you use things that take advantage of it, eg. adobe apps.

if you dont, get the 6870

Adam1203 said:
All,

I am going to be getting a new video card for my hackintosh and I'm torn.

It's a toss up between these two cards:

GTX460
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130571

HD 6870
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814125357

I'm leaning more towards the 6870 since it's pretty much effortless to get it to work (I previously had two 6950's and it was a nightmare).

I wasn't sure if having CUDA cores makes any kind of difference.

I appreciate any input. Thanks!

Adam

I have taken you get gonna Asus Maximus Extreme IV :clap:
I go to the GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD5 bought :thumbdown:
and I am very regret :silent:
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD5 on the CoolIT Vantage ALC Liquid Cooler not working
+ USB 3 not working
I gave the money to no avail, GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD5
was the new experiences
but super run from Asus on what establishes the exchange rate

I say the best Asus motherboard :headbang:

I think you buy GTX 460 :thumbup:

6870 is better

Dont listen to anyone saying a 460, their knowledge of graphics cards or even computers in general is obviously low. 6870 is over 20% better than 460, it's also has better performance vs price ratio.

Im not saying a 460 is a bad card, but if you had a chance to get one or the other, the 6870 is the better choice.

DeadlyDasher said:
Dont listen to anyone saying a 460, their knowledge of graphics cards or even computers in general is obviously low. 6870 is over 20% better than 460, it's also has better performance vs price ratio.

Im not saying a 460 is a bad card, but if you had a chance to get one or the other, the 6870 is the better choice.

Easy tiger. 6870 is better than a vanilla 460 from a performance perspective however the GTX cards are easier to set up for dual screen and the OP was asking about the SC version which will narrow the gap a bit.

morganb said:
DeadlyDasher said:

Easy tiger. 6870 is better than a vanilla 460 from a performance perspective however the GTX cards are easier to set up for dual screen and the OP was asking about the SC version which will narrow the gap a bit.

Im aware of what version he was talking about, and lol gtx are easier to set up for dual screens? All you do is plug both monitors into the graphics card, a 3 year old could do it. If you're talkign about eyefinity for AMD cards, then their both equally easy.

You can lose a race by a small gap, no matter how small the gap is the other person still wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back