Contribute
Register

Hd 6870 lion installation problem (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.7.2
CPU
Intel 980X
Graphics
ASUS HD 6870
Hello everyone i have successfully installed lion from the appstore using unibeast.
I havent used multibeast yet because im afraid of doing something to mess up my system.
So i boot with unibeast and i have to use GraphicsEnabler=NO to start lion, otherwise my screen goes black and i have to restart.
My question is: how do i install support for my Asus hD6870 without messing anything up?
I have been reading alot the last couple of days and i havent found a somution that i dare to try yet because my previous installs with snow leopard never worked.
I installed the dsdt for my motherboard ga-x58a-ud3r rev 1.0 F6 BIOS, and then it would not boot from chimera because i got kernel panics all the time and i reinstalled about 10 times without getting it to work.
So i figure if i go easy and just try to install the graphicscard the right way, ill be able to boot into lion and then i can try to install the rest of the stuff thats not working.
So how do i go about this?

Thanks

Re: Hd 6870 lion installation problem

So you have to use GE=No to start Lion?

Try these settings below.

If you do not want to reinstall all the time partition your drive in two, install Lion on both partitions, use one for testing purposes until you get it running and use the working settings on the untouched drive, and deleting the test space to recover the space. You can make smaller partitions if you so choose.

Attachments

• MB Sets 1.png
    MB Sets 1.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 288

Hey thanks alot for answering!
Ill do as you suggested, im so new to this thing so any help is greatly appreciated.
I havent understood how to undo the changes you make when u use multibeast.
If im unable to boot into lion after making changes with multibeast how can i revert the changes i have made? Using some commands via the bootloader?

critza said:
Hey thanks alot for answering!
Ill do as you suggested, im so new to this thing so any help is greatly appreciated.
I havent understood how to undo the changes you make when u use multibeast.
If im unable to boot into lion after making changes with multibeast how can i revert the changes i have made? Using some commands via the bootloader?

You delete the kexts out of the /Extensions folder and repair permissions. Each kext you choose states its name and where it is installed inside the bottom MB window pane.

I got it working!! All thanks to you, but now i dont have networking anymore.
I only installed the things from multibeast that you suggested, is there anything else i should install now that i can boot into lion?

critza said:
I got it working!! All thanks to you, but now i dont have networking anymore.
I only installed the things from multibeast that you suggested, is there anything else i should install now that i can boot into lion?

Yes, install the Lnx2Mac Ethernet kext and reboot.

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrt ... river.html

IT WORKS!! Halleluljah!
Thanks a million man.

Happy New Year!!!

Place [SOLVED] in title post.

Try to see if everything works as it should. ENJOY!

:cool:

Important note, clone or backup HD to save your stable system.

YES!
I got a 13382 Geekbench score, will have to try the graphics card as well.
Ill dig into some more things, like getting all the USB ports working and stuff.

Thanks again!

You mean the USB 3.0 ports?

Check off System Utilities, USB 3.0 Renesas, and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back