Contribute
Register

HD-630 Dual Monitor issues in High Sierra (also was present in Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabit GA-Z270X Ultragaming
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Internal HD-630
I'm a newbie to this. I'm having issues with my dual monitor set up, and I was told that I should just get a graphics card. I'm not doing anything fancy graphically, but it may very well be the easiest solution. I like easy. I'm just using this machine to multi-track music recording. I like to have the control surface on one monitor and the representations of the individual tracks on the other. At the moment... when I boot up, I have to disconnect the DVI-D cable so that it boots up with the monitor attached to the HDMI port. Once booted, I can plug in the cable attached to the DVI-D port and all is good. Is there a way to get this working without having to crawl under my desk, disconnect and re-connect? OR, like stated above... should I just get a graphics card (suggestions would be helpful, too, if that's the case.)

I don't mind getting a graphics card. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I looked around to see what to do and haven't found a solution anywhere for this situation. Maybe I need to just get a graphics card? Which one (I don't really need anything fancy, but would like some advice, if you have a moment.)

Thanks in advance; I hope everyone is having a good one!
Mobo:Gigabit GA-Z270X Ultragaming
CPU:i7-7700k
Graphics:Internal HD-630

Can anyone take a moment and advise me what I should get? I know this is a real newbie question, but I could use you're help. Thanks. TGIF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back