Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

This is my first hackintosh, and I have gotten everything else working great. Except my hack mini will only output video to my monitor via HDMI. My TV it will not, also via HDMI.

i have graphicsenabler set yes, and my card shows up correctly in the system info, and the monitor shows up also. But my TV will not show up, and nothing is output to the TV. Do i need to change something since the TV is a 720p device? I shouldnt have too, because when I splash desktop into my mini it changes the screen res like normal.

Any ideas?

Matt

Intel Core i3-3225
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
8GB Corsair - 1600Mhz DDR3
OS X 10.8.2

If using the onboard HD 4000 video

• Primary Graphics to IGFX
  • Internal Memory Size to 64mb
  • DVMT Total Memory Size to MAX

I tried that. And it works for my monitor.. Hum

What happens when you unplug the monitor and plug the tv into the same connector?

I have the same build and am also having problems. My specs:

Intel Core i3-3225
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
8GB Corsair - 1600Mhz DDR3
OS X 10.8.2

ML installs with no problems at my desktop using a 22" monitor. When I moved the computer to my HTPC setup and connected it to a Samsung 42" 1080p capable TV, the display was garbage. The bottom 3/4 of the screen was black and top 1/4 was a repeating series of flickering images that looked like extremely compressed desktop screen shots. This is very similar to screen displays I have seen where the timing was not correct for that screen in the Windows PC world. It is the first time I have run into it with OSX but I am still relatively new to building Hackintosh machines. Doesn't OSX ML have the ability to auto detect the monitor or TV screen connected via HDMI and determine correct resolution and refresh rate?

I tried reinstalling ML 10.8.2 with the TV connected instead of my desktop monitor to troubleshoot the problem.

1. I erased the hard drive and did a clean install.
2. The OS loaded with no problems until I ran Multi-Beast. I downloaded the DSDT from this site to enable HDMI audio output and did the User DSDT setup without selecting any additional drivers.
3. I rebooted into ML and the video was displaying on the Samsung TV but I did not verify correct screen resolution.
4. The ethernet was not working with the User DSDT. I ran Multi Beast again and selected the Hnak's Intel driver.
5. I rebooted and the screen display on the TV was garbage again. Same repeating series of flickering images in top 1/4 of screen as before. The only change made was to load ethernet kext from Multi-Beast. Why would this affect screen display?

I quit for the evening and will try again tomorrow. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

When I moved the computer to my HTPC setup and connected it to a Samsung 42" 1080p capable TV, the display was garbage. The bottom 3/4 of the screen was black and top 1/4 was a repeating series of flickering images that looked like extremely compressed desktop screen shots.
You have a different problem. With the tv connected, try an experiment: unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in. If you get the normal desktop, run Multibeast 5.2.1/Customization/Boot Options/1080P Display and restart.

It works!

But we cannot change the screen resolution now. All other screen resolution are bad. So we are stuck in 1080p.

You know how we can get 720p back?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back