Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Amigos,

Well, I'm starting think about a new build for our studio. At home I have a great Ivybridge 3770 with 32 gigs of ram, Pro Tools 10 with CPTK, but in the studio we currently have NO machine. I might be receiving some HD PCI-X cards for a very good price and have teamed up with my studio partner to get a Pro Tools HD 10 rig running with either HD 3 Accel or HD 4 Accel depending no how things work out.

So far I have found this motherboard.... The GA-P75-D3P (I'm not in Estonia, but Gigabyte's website is acting up).
http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-p75-d3prev_10

First thing is what do you guys think of this board?

Do you think there are better options out there and if so what are they?

I'd like to Gigabyte because I don't DSDT's which I hate doing since I never get them to work properly and this board looks like it will fit the PCI-X cards with out the heatsink getting in the way (something that happens with the GA-P75-D3).

And lastly, where can I buy this board?! I've looked for it everywhere and can't find it for sale!!!!

Like I said, we'd like to have atleast 4 PCI slots, but 3 would also work OK. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!

Appreciate it!
Marcos

Hi Amigos,

Well, I'm starting think about a new build for our studio. At home I have a great Ivybridge 3770 with 32 gigs of ram, Pro Tools 10 with CPTK, but in the studio we currently have NO machine. I might be receiving some HD PCI-X cards for a very good price and have teamed up with my studio partner to get a Pro Tools HD 10 rig running with either HD 3 Accel or HD 4 Accel depending no how things work out.

So far I have found this motherboard.... The GA-P75-D3P (I'm not in Estonia, but Gigabyte's website is acting up).
http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-p75-d3prev_10

First thing is what do you guys think of this board?

Do you think there are better options out there and if so what are they?

I'd like to Gigabyte because I don't DSDT's which I hate doing since I never get them to work properly and this board looks like it will fit the PCI-X cards with out the heatsink getting in the way (something that happens with the GA-P75-D3).

And lastly, where can I buy this board?! I've looked for it everywhere and can't find it for sale!!!!

Like I said, we'd like to have atleast 4 PCI slots, but 3 would also work OK. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!

Appreciate it!
Marcos

It looks like the GA-P75-D3P is available in Estonia, the Czech Republic, and Indonesia (maybe some other places). But certainly not here in the U.S. (which is where I'm going to assume you are, from lack of any other information).

I can't find any Gigabyte boards with more than 2 PCI slots. Some of the other motherboard manufacturers have them though. The only ones I can find with 4 slots are the JetWay JNAF93-Q77 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153243) and Jetway JNAF92-Q67 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153216). It looks like a handful of people here on the forums have built HD4 Accel systems out of these boards; just do a search for "jetway".

There are quite a few more boards with 3 PCI slots. I won't list them all, but there are boards from MSI, Asus, and ASRock, many of which are probably "hackable". These three manufacturers all lock part of their UEFI BIOS, preventing power management from working (and causing kernel panics) without a modified patched BIOS. For more information on this, see this thread. Even with the patched BIOS, you still may need a DSDT file to get power management and sleep fully functional.

Hope this helps!

Actually, I'm in Munich, Germany and the Czech Republic is not that far away, my roommate's home town is actually near the boarder and I don't mind taking a weekend to ride the train out to Prague!!! :) I think I will go with this board and see how it goes!!!

Cheers!!!
Marcos

Well, I can't find anybody that sells that motherboard in Prague or in Estonia... Nobodynose do you happen to have a link for an online shop?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back