Contribute
Register

HD 3000 Video Artefacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had the same problem but i installed this system preference pain called Fan Control and all the artifacts went away. It works perfecrtly now

I tried KernelCache=No and while I haven't seen any artifacts lately, my system did freeze.

Alright, here some new findings ........ and hopfully FINAL!!!!

I take my ideas regarding GPU voltage back!!!!!
I am back to default voltage, overclocking my memory and cpu and the system is
stable, no artifacts!!!!

I am pretty sure that I've got the SOLTUION now, at least for my system!!!
I am so convinced not because i don't get any artifacts, but also for the following.

Before the HD3000 was working properly I had THIS issue as well:

Rotate screen to either 90 180 or 270 .... when trying to rotate back to normal ... system FREEZE. Only way to get back to normal was booting into safe mode ....

This is not the case any more, i can rotate forth and back as i please ....

Now to the SOLUTION that works for me:

It is FakeSMC 4.2.0 + IntelCPUMonitor 1.0.1

My error before was to NOT use IntelCPUMonitor, i guess.
This makes in a way sense if i think about all the posts about FAN-App or SMCPing.

What I haven't confirmed yet is, wether if the HardwareMonitor App that comes with the
FakeSMC release is running or not is of any importance. Right now it is not running, but it was. So this i will still have to examine ....

Anywaz, thanks to every one who was posting their ideas and of course to all the hard
working developers!!!

Bummer!, forget what I wrote in my last post...except that it fixed my rotation problem, that is still valid ....
Otherwise I'm scratching my head again....
It seems I got a bit euphoric and a bit relaxed about my testing procedure ....
After getting artifacts again, I raised GPU Voltage to +0.5, still artifacts, so before I brick the i5 I abandon the voltage theory for good....

back to the fix hunting ....

Got some new findings, i opened a new thread for them.

HERE

Done some more testing based on the latest ideas floating around.
Obviously, tempering with RAM-Timing or Voltage-Settings for the GPU was reported to not be reliable, so I didn't test it, especially since I have a system running without artifacts.

Please find attached my latest summary now including also a complete listing of my system configuration (hardware and BIOS). Hope this will help others find a stable setup for their system as well.

[EDIT]:
Just built my second hackintosh (see signature) and also had to disable KernelCache to get rid of artifacts. All other parameters/kext (except overclocking) are the same as in the attached PDF-Overview.

Attachments

• HD3000 Artefacts_v3.pdf
    250.1 KB · Views: 494
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back