Contribute
Register

HD 3000 Onboard Graphics - 10.8.x - H55 1156 - Core i3-530 - Can this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
GT 610
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

I started building my custom hacks back in 2008 in an effort to improve my home studio Pro Tools experience without having to go out and spend $3000 for Apples Hardware, all I really wanted was to be able to use their OS! So I started out with Leopard and was able to get a nice build that ran Pro Tools like a dream and I still use it to day with a Core 2 Quad Xtreme QX 6850 and 8 Gigs of DDR 3 Ram.

When Snow Leopard came out I wanted to try it out, but didn't want to tamper with my working DAW that took me weeks and months to configure so I ordered some new components to build a Snow Leopard machine using Tony Macs guides. I ordered an Intel Core i3-560 3.3 Ghz chip with Intel HD 3000 graphics and a Biostar TH55-HD 1156 motherboard. I didnt get a graphics card for this build just being cheap and thinking the onboard would work. Well after many hours and countless attempts at different configurations I couldn't get it to work. I figured out I needed to get a GFX card and went with a cheap GeForce GT 210 and also ordered a Gigabyte Motherboard so that I could download a DSDT from the site and not have to worry about figuring out the Biostar board. So I was able to Install Snow Leopard and upgrade to 10.6.8 over time and the system worked flawlessly. I eventually upgraded this system to 10.8, then 10.8.2, and now its running 10.8.4 and still has been working like a champ for the past couple of years. Never any problems, runs everything as if it were an Apple computer. I ended up buying another 1156 Core i3-530 2.93 GHz chip for the Biostar board and installed Windows 7 on it and just used the onboard Intel HD 3000 GFx which worked great on Windows.

I've since heard that there is support for Onboard HD 3000 GFX and I was hoping there was a way to get it going on this machine and get rid of Windows. I backed up and wiped the drive and am looking to install 10.8 from my unibeast flash drive and run only Mac OS. I got through the installation in a breeze as usual. I used Stork's guide from his Zorro and Son of Zorro builds to setup my BIOS for HD 3000. I don't have a DSDT for this board, so I used EasyBeast and rebooted. Everything seems fine, Chimera boots up and I see my Mac installation so I select it and it gets stuck at the Apple Screen and just loads forever. I figure this is an issue with the video so I boot again with -x for Safe Mode and again it just hangs at the loading screen. I am connecting it to my TV with HDMI. Its been so many years since I had to extensively trouble shoot a hackintosh build but I really want to get this thing working so I don't lose my mind.

Can anyone confirm that I can use the onboard HD 3000 GFX with this Clarkdale chip on 10.8.x? should I just order a Gugabyte 1156 board? Should I just get another budget GFX card like I did with my flawless working build? I need to hear from some one out there that can assure me that I can make this work without buying anything else.

Feed back would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Hey guys,

I started building my custom hacks back in 2008 in an effort to improve my home studio Pro Tools experience without having to go out and spend $3000 for Apples Hardware, all I really wanted was to be able to use their OS! So I started out with Leopard and was able to get a nice build that ran Pro Tools like a dream and I still use it to day with a Core 2 Quad Xtreme QX 6850 and 8 Gigs of DDR 3 Ram.

When Snow Leopard came out I wanted to try it out, but didn't want to tamper with my working DAW that took me weeks and months to configure so I ordered some new components to build a Snow Leopard machine using Tony Macs guides. I ordered an Intel Core i3-560 3.3 Ghz chip with Intel HD 3000 graphics and a Biostar TH55-HD 1156 motherboard. I didnt get a graphics card for this build just being cheap and thinking the onboard would work. Well after many hours and countless attempts at different configurations I couldn't get it to work. I figured out I needed to get a GFX card and went with a cheap GeForce GT 210 and also ordered a Gigabyte Motherboard so that I could download a DSDT from the site and not have to worry about figuring out the Biostar board. So I was able to Install Snow Leopard and upgrade to 10.6.8 over time and the system worked flawlessly. I eventually upgraded this system to 10.8, then 10.8.2, and now its running 10.8.4 and still has been working like a champ for the past couple of years. Never any problems, runs everything as if it were an Apple computer. I ended up buying another 1156 Core i3-530 2.93 GHz chip for the Biostar board and installed Windows 7 on it and just used the onboard Intel HD 3000 GFx which worked great on Windows.

I've since heard that there is support for Onboard HD 3000 GFX and I was hoping there was a way to get it going on this machine and get rid of Windows. I backed up and wiped the drive and am looking to install 10.8 from my unibeast flash drive and run only Mac OS. I got through the installation in a breeze as usual. I used Stork's guide from his Zorro and Son of Zorro builds to setup my BIOS for HD 3000. I don't have a DSDT for this board, so I used EasyBeast and rebooted. Everything seems fine, Chimera boots up and I see my Mac installation so I select it and it gets stuck at the Apple Screen and just loads forever. I figure this is an issue with the video so I boot again with -x for Safe Mode and again it just hangs at the loading screen. I am connecting it to my TV with HDMI. Its been so many years since I had to extensively trouble shoot a hackintosh build but I really want to get this thing working so I don't lose my mind.

Can anyone confirm that I can use the onboard HD 3000 GFX with this Clarkdale chip on 10.8.x? should I just order a Gugabyte 1156 board? Should I just get another budget GFX card like I did with my flawless working build? I need to hear from some one out there that can assure me that I can make this work without buying anything else.

Feed back would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Clarkdale is not HD3000. It is just Intel HD Graphics. HD3000 was introduced with Sandy Bridge (on desktops, socket 1155). Sandy Bridge is one generation beyond your i3-530.

That said, some people report getting HD Graphics to work. I've never tried it, having all Sandy Bridge hardware, so cannot say how well... See: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

Just found this thread and some other, but still some years in the universe.

After my successful build of on current Intel i5-5800T build I thought about getting rid of my old MSI H55-E33m System with in Intel i3-530 and Intel HD Graphic.

So far I was not successful trying to get either High Sierra or Mojave Installer to complete run with Clover4813. My latest attempt got the High Sierra Installer stuck with "Please switch to XPC...".

Does anyboday here still has the above mentioned system running on High Sierra or Mojave?

Just found this thread and some other, but still some years in the universe.

After my successful build of on current Intel i5-5800T build I thought about getting rid of my old MSI H55-E33m System with in Intel i3-530 and Intel HD Graphic.

So far I was not successful trying to get either High Sierra or Mojave Installer to complete run with Clover4813. My latest attempt got the High Sierra Installer stuck with "Please switch to XPC...".

Does anyboday here still has the above mentioned system running on High Sierra or Mojave?

No, I couldn't get High Sierra on this build. Only got it up to Sierra, but working beautifully and still using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back