Contribute
Register

HD 3000 on Ivy Bridge with Mavericks (framebuffer errors, no GUI at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I'm trying to install Mavericks on my server using a P8H77-I / i3-2105 combo, and I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Whenever I try to boot my OS X install from Chimera (on my MultiBeast stick), I get these errors:

Code:
OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB class HDCPCtrl is a duplicate; kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferCapri already has a class by that name.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB start failed (result 0xdc00400a).
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failed to load (0xdc008017).
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB (error 0xdc008017).
SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
VM Swap Subsystem is ON
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

And then it just sits there doing nothing.

I get the same errors no matter what boot flags I use (-x, GraphicsEnabler, IGPEnabler), so I have't been able to boot into a GUI at all, not even in safe mode. The OS X installer did work, recognizing the HD 3000 with full resolution, but not right away – I had to let it sit for a few minutes until it tried to start the framebuffer again; the installed system doesn't do that though. I get the exact same issue using both Chimera and Clover (and Clover weirdly enough detects the GPU as HD 2000.)

I think this might all be related to me running a Sandy Bridge CPU/iGPU on an Ivy Bridge motherboard…? I've tried editing AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext as described here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/150-enabl...therboards-hd-4000-6-series-motherboards.html, but it doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever.

I think I got the same issue after upgrading from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5, but since I was running the computer headless, I didn't notice it until I plugged it into a monitor in order to install Mavericks – and I figured since I was going to wipe the system anyway, I wouldn't need to worry about the issue. I was wrong :)

I'm really at a loss as to what my next step should be, so any help would be great.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having something similar with HD 3000 and a Z77 motherboard, but oddly enough I managed to get it working when migrating my install from Chimera to Clover (still detected as HD 2000 but acceleration is working). I'm now trying to make a bootable Clover / OS X Installer USB to use in case of emergency, but I can't get it to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back