Contribute
Register

having troublesome with my build, not getting to installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I do that thru terminal? And also what happens to the nvidia drivers that apple pushes out? I was under the impression that I had to install that first prior to doing the alternative ones...I just don't know how u push em thru to install the kexts for it, I'm sorry I'm asking too many questions. This is a bit confusion and normally I understand everything

Do I do that thru terminal?

Yes on terminal.

And also what happens to the nvidia drivers that apple pushes out?

Apple not releasing any nvidia driver. If you are asking about the native OS X nvidia driver then answer is your GFX card is not supported by the native drivers.

We have to install the NVIDIA Web Driver.

I was under the impression that I had to install that first prior to doing the alternative ones...I just don't know how u push em thru to install the kexts for it, I'm sorry I'm asking too many questions. This is a bit confusion and normally I understand everything

No problem. You can ask questions and it is always better to clear doubts before proceeding.

It is not a problem which you are installing first.

I will get u that info later tonight. Also I see multibeast has been updated too. Should I start using that version is multibeast too?

here's the output of that command:

Last login: Fri Apr 24 17:56:02 on console
Joeys-Mac-Pro:~ manofbusiness$ cat /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>14D136</string>
<key>ProductCopyright</key>
<string>1983-2015 Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>Mac OS X</string>
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
<string>10.10.3</string>
<key>ProductVersion</key>
<string>10.10.3</string>
</dict>
</plist>
Joeys-Mac-Pro:~ manofbusiness$

Yes on terminal.

Apple not releasing any nvidia driver. If you are asking about the native OS X nvidia driver then answer is your GFX card is not supported by the native drivers.

We have to install the NVIDIA Web Driver.

No problem. You can ask questions and it is always better to clear doubts before proceeding.

It is not a problem which you are installing first.

ok. i got that driver installed. thank you so much...now what are my next steps? i booted with the bootflag of nvda_drv=1? am i always going to have to boot as such? and do i go ahead and change my bios setting to use the other card? anything else i should know?

i switched in my bios to my video card. and that gave me an the screen with all the numbers....then i did that with the on-board graphics card just to get in....and still nothing...same errors...did both with nvda_drv=1

i was only able to get in with safe boot -x nvda_drv=1

what do i do? or what do u need from me to help me? Is there additional steps with boot loaders or something else i need to do? I'm getting so close to get it running.

i think i just fixed my own problem. prior to rebooting, i didnt switch to the web driver...it stayed on native os one...it rebooted fine...but then after the switch on bios to the video card as my primary display....it then was getting an error...so i reinstalled it, then switched the web driver...then rebooted with the code u said to enter. it reboots fine, then i have to switch the driver again to web driver...then this time when i reboot, i changed the bios to my video card to primary...it reboots, and i didn't have to put in the nvda_drv=1 anymore.
i basically followed the steps here...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-10-3-346-01-02-a.html

i just changed my time zone on my time and date preferences, then it like froze on me so i rebooted, and it gave me like a kernel panic or something, but then i had powered down the machine again and it worked...it logged me in. i don't know if that means anything...or i should worry...what do u think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back