Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all. First time poster, excited to get this thing up and running :)

I'm having trouble at the Multibeast stage of the setup.

When I run Multibeast, I use the options as specified in the last post in this thread and when I get to "Validating packages" I get installation failed. I tried doing this both with a DSDT on my desktop and without one and it doesn't seem to matter.

I'm running the following rig:
GA-H77N-wifi motherboard
Intel core i5-3570k (LGA1155)
Corsair Vengeance RAM, 8GB
Seagate 1TB HDD

Totally stumped :/ any help?

i have the same board but i have been struggling booting into the desktop! the install however succeeds... did you remove the wifi chip on the board? or did you just leave it?

can you share your bios settings with me?

i seem to have a problem with the bluetooth onboard..

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 375
I have essentially the same motherboard (Mine is a GA-Z77N WiFi) and I am quite new at this as well.

From what I have learned (and I may be completely wrong) the GA-Z77N WiFi does not use DSDT. So in Multibeast you must check the "Without DSDT" option.

I found this out while trying to get Audio, Video and Preview to work on my Hackintosh while running 10.6.8. Seems as though Audio, Video and Preview aren't actually possible with the GA-Z77N WiFi in 10.6.8 because version 3 of Mulitbeast doesn't have a "Without DSDT" option.

I have tried twice to get my little Hackintosh up and running on 10.8.2. The first time I actually got it loaded, but it wouldn't restart... the second it crashed. I suspect I may have had one too many cocktails, so it is likely my fault.

Trying again right now... perhaps it will work.

Let me know if any of this helps.

D...

Same! I was able to get it to boot initially but then it would not restart... going to try a fresh install of 10.8.2 without the DSDT when I get home from work and see what happens.

I will likely be doing the same today. Did it all go well?

Reinstalling Mountain Lion now following the bios settings in this thread, then planning to follow the guide on this page (plan to go without the DSDT as HDMI audio is not part of my setup). Got about 20 minutes to go on the install, will update after!

hmm, after reinstall it seems to be hanging on the load up screen. The little circle is not spinning anymore :/

how do I change boot options?

Mine is now running 10.8.2 with only minor issues:

1) Can not re-boot. I suspect I will just leave it on and that should solve the problem for now.
2) Resolution of the screen is garbage. It seemed to be HD in Snow Leopard, but not in MT. Lion.

On the bright side, audio, video and preview are actually working!!!!!

This is a step in the right direction. If anyone can solve the "reboot" or "graphics" issues please let me know.

Please tell me, what did you do to get to that level!

Happy to say I've got this bad boy up and running now! Audio, bluetooth, network (though it's wired, not wifi). I had to restart it after installing all the drivers but it seemed to boot without a problem!

To do this, I just reformatted my USB drive with Unibeast, reformatted my install drive, and installed Mountain Lion. Then I used the Multibeast settings described in the Official 2012 CustoMac thread and everything has been groovy since!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back