Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried installing from existing Yosemite partition using the link:
I launched EFI Mounter 3.1 and added the 2 kexts as well as the apfs.efi file to their specified locations.

When I launch the High Sierra installer v13.6.02 and choose the partition install to I'm prompted to close all open applications. Nothing is open except EFI Mounter, which is showing my mounted EFI disk (I assume this is normal?)

I click OK to install High Sierra. As it looks to start installing, I get this quick error flash message, and then I'm rebooted to the Clover menu. If I choose the Mac High Sierra option, a black screen error message pops up saying my computer was restarted because of an error. I tried 5x and the same thing happens. I can still boot back to the Yosemite partition, luckily.

The attached is is the best capture I could get, (sorry for the play button icon, was taken from a phone video. Not sure what the problem is? My SSD has a 2nd partition, which is a recent Hackintosh Mojave installation I just made a couple weeks ago. My Yosemite partition is HFS formatted. Maybe I need to do the HFS install instead?

Attachments

• IMG_7237.PNG
    IMG_7237.PNG
    6.9 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I decided to forget High Sierra for the moment and go back to Yosemite and my existing Mojave installs.
Somewhere in the process of trying to install High Sierra yesterday, I jacked something up and now after re-installing my Yosemite partition and a complete re-install of Mojave, something is still not right and it now takes about 4x as long to boot to either partition. It seems like something is still trying to load, etc but I have no clue. My guess is something needs to be removed from...somewhere

Please, any help to get me back to where I was yesterday
Here is a screenshot of what pops up after the Gigabyte screen.

Thanks!

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 33
I didn't see any errors when booting prior to my attempt to update my Yosemite partition.
Now I see this error whether I boot into Mojave or Yosemite : (
Was trying to edit the previous post, but the site is having some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back