Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte b85m-d3h
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
GTX 1080
I've installed Sierra with Unibeast and MultiBeast
I have tried installing every network driver 1 by 1 and still no luck with connecting to the internet. Ethernet should be enabled because i am dual booting with two separate hard drives using clover as a bootloader

My Motherboard is a gigabyte b85m-d3h
My CPU is a I5 4590
I have 16gb of ram
GFX= Gtx 1080
(first time creating a hackintosh)

Try this manual procedure:

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download the kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

Try this manual procedure:

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download the kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.
Thanks!, Quick question how do i access /library/extensions?
and can i sort them by dated added/modified to find the network drivers i installed ?

Thanks!, Quick question how do i access /library/extensions?
and can i sort them by dated added/modified to find the network drivers i installed ?
Use Finder.

Use Finder.
I followed the instructions still no luck :(, I even did a fresh install because i was worried i might have deleted a wrong kext. I did notice that when i installed it for the first time it worked fine but after i installed the bootloader and FakeSMC i wasn't able to connect to the internet.

I followed the instructions still no luck :(, I even did a fresh install because i was worried i might have deleted a wrong kext. I did notice that when i installed it for the first time it worked fine but after i installed the bootloader and FakeSMC i wasn't able to connect to the internet.
Boot from your USB installer and at the boot loader screen select your hard drive.
Does your Ethernet work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back