Contribute
Register

Having trouble creating a USB Bootdrive. Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I formatted the usb stick and loaded the latest version of Unibeast, multibeast and the full version of Yosemite I downloaded from my macbook pro.

I have a working PC with multiple ssd drives of which one is for Yosemite. I have an asus x99-a mb and a radeon r9 280x 3gb card.

WhenI boot into the usb stick the Yosemite logo comes up and I click on that then the grey Apple screen comes on but nothing is loading up and the bar is empty. What am I doing wrong?

I formatted the usb stick and loaded the latest version of Unibeast, multibeast and the full version of Yosemite I downloaded from my macbook pro.

I have a working PC with multiple ssd drives of which one is for Yosemite. I have an asus x99-a mb and a radeon r9 280x 3gb card.

WhenI boot into the usb stick the Yosemite logo comes up and I click on that then the grey Apple screen comes on but nothing is loading up and the bar is empty. What am I doing wrong?
Please post exact hardware specs including all hardware and update your profile to reflect for further troubleshooting

I might have done the USB stick installation wrong. I did the unibeast installation then added the full version file of OS X Yosemite and then copied over the Multibeast file.
I dont think i was supposed to ad the full version of OS X right? Doesnt unibeast create that when i install that to the USB stick?

I might have done the USB stick installation wrong. I did the unibeast installation then added the full version file of OS X Yosemite and then copied over the Multibeast file.
I dont think i was supposed to ad the full version of OS X right? Doesnt unibeast create that when i install that to the USB stick?
Correct. UniBeast takes care of that. The tonymacx86 guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html makes no mention of doing that. So, don't improvise. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back