Having problems Asus x79/Intel i7- 3930/GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
sabertooth x79
CPU
Graphics
gtx670
Hi Everyone, I'm new to all this so would appreciate some nube guidance. I booted from my USB using GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 npci=0x3000. I installed ML onto my partitioned SSD and all seemed to go fine. At the end of the install the system auto restarts and on reboot it hangs on the Apple splash screen. At this point I should still select USB as my boot drive even though I can see the SSD as an option on the boot screen- correct? I've tried booting from both the USB and SSD with and without the boot prompts. And it either freezes at the Apple or gives me the must restart system window.

How do I move forward to access and run multibeast to instal kexts?

I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks, David

Have you tried the following after the initial installation:
1. After bootup, press F8 to enter boot device selection menu
2. Select UniBeast USB drive. Chimera bootscreen appears.
3. Select the disk where you installed OS X on. If everything is allright, the partition should show up.
4. Type in the following boot flags: 'GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 npci=0x3000'.
5. Press enter.
6. Post installation using MultiBeast.

After that you can remove the cpus=1 boot flag. Boot from the SSD, by selecting it at the Chimera bootloader screen.

nrsgamer,
Thanks for your help. I'm in. Now all I have to do is figure out the correct settings for Multibeast 5.2.1. I've been following Yo Mang's guide in User Builds, but he used an older version of MB and the options are different.

I'm reading and researching and trying to piece it together.

Thanks again, David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back