Contribute
Register

Having Issues Getting r9 290 (non x) Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have an XFX r9 290 black oc edition graphics card. I'm installing High Sierra and will post the rest of my specs below. I have ran through multiple possible fixes including the guide that is on this site to get the r9 290 to work. After a few days of trying a few different things out, I found out earlier tonight after digging through a two or three year old forum that XFX cards can be buggy and sometimes do not work. I've tried the guide, as mentioned above, as well as messing around with vBIOS from the r9 290x from a brandd other than XFX which was in the years old forum that I mentioned previously. I've seen other guides on YouTube and ****** and all work to no avail.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there anything else I can do at this point, or is the card just not going to work straight up? I only got the card because of the state of the gpu market and was able to get it from a friend for $120. The purpose of my build is for FCPX editing, so an AMD card would be preferred. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

Specs:

i5 8600k
Gigabyte z370xp SLI
XFX r9 290 Black OC Edition
Samsung 960evo

@noketchup, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back