CPU
X5650
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I finally got a bootable clone to actually boot (after 6 times) so I could test High Sierra. Everything works, except for a few issues.
1. I installed HDMI Audio using the CloverHDMI script. The side effect was the boot takes an extra long time, I removed the kext and SSDT patch in Clover. Still takes a long time to boot. How can I completely uninstall (or make sure) the HDMI files and kexts that were installed? I did this once before, boot time improved, but cant remember how to.
2. Finally with Lilu and Whatevergreen files I am able to get 3 monitors! But I have to put my system to sleep (which actually works now too!), this messes up my Ethernet so I have to turn Ethernet off then back on to work. Also the third monitor attached to HDMI wakes up with video all messed up, which I fix by going into System Preferences and click on Displays (will work just by clicking on the Displays icon).
3. When awakes from sleep, my two external drives give an error that is was not unmounted correctly and to unmount next time.

Anyway I can tweak these to not have to use a sleep script and wake up script to fix automatically.
Still testing and thanks to everyone!

For your 1st question I can answer, Two years back I faced this problem after enabling HDMI audio, and I figured out that Debug mode is enabled. Check out in your config.plist using clover configurator. I forgot the option where it is, but you can check all the tabs and find where debug option exists, then disable it by unchecking the checkbox.

Fixed the long boot times by rebuilding caches, even though HDMI kexts were not in the list. Still losing Ethernet on sleep, and screen corruption after sleep also. Please look at my files and see if you notice anything. I am still testing. Thank you.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    35.4 KB · Views: 153
  • config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 194
  • DSDT.aml
    20.3 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back