i7 6700K Skylake
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX1050Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been working over the last week to clean up the install that I had to be just what is needed and not have tons of extra stuff in the config.plist. At this point, it is booting and seems to be working well, other than sound.

I have attached the Config.plist I am using.

I have tried following fix after fix for the ALC892 and nothing has worked.

I am trying to stay away from Vodoo, as I have no idea what that exactly does.

Thanks for the pointers or help.

I have tried to run audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command but I am getting:

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

I am not sure if I have to do something with DSDT, but I will be honest, that is one area I haven't fully understood yet.

UPDATE: Finally got the Audio coming out through the correct ports. Now trying to get the HDMI Audio Out. Any suggestions on what the best way to do that is?

I tried the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml solution of putting that in the ACPI\Patched Folder

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
This Link below should get you straight since you have a series 100 board (have a series 200, with a Kaby Lake install, so I'm still in the woods).
You need to download the *.aml file (in this case they are Zipped), that best matches your MB/audio situation from the link below:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/tree/master/ssdt_hdef

Mount your EFI partition, and place the file in this directory "/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/"

Once you have done that the command should work (you may have to reboot before and after running the command).

I have been working over the last week to clean up the install that I had to be just what is needed and not have tons of extra stuff in the config.plist. At this point, it is booting and seems to be working well, other than sound.

I have attached the Config.plist I am using.

I have tried following fix after fix for the ALC892 and nothing has worked.

I am trying to stay away from Vodoo, as I have no idea what that exactly does.

Thanks for the pointers or help.

I have tried to run audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command but I am getting:

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

I am not sure if I have to do something with DSDT, but I will be honest, that is one area I haven't fully understood yet.

UPDATE: Finally got the Audio coming out through the correct ports. Now trying to get the HDMI Audio Out. Any suggestions on what the best way to do that is?

I tried the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml solution of putting that in the ACPI\Patched Folder

SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml is used for implementing HDMI Audio. Attach Problem Reporting Files. Make sure that Audio is showing under HDEF.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app

Last edited:
This Link below should get you straight since you have a series 100 board (have a series 200, with a Kaby Lake install, so I'm still in the woods).
You need to download the *.aml file (in this case they are Zipped), that best matches your MB/audio situation from the link below:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/tree/master/ssdt_hdef

Mount your EFI partition, and place the file in this directory "/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/"

Once you have done that the command should work (you may have to reboot before and after running the command).

Thanks! I did run through that and it looks to work. too. I tried the Multibeast install of JUST the 100 and the ALC892, and those get there without any .aml file. (I will keep both to the side to see how they work.)

SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml is used for implementing HDMI Audio. Attach Problem Reporting Files. Make sure that Audio is showing up HDEF.

Thanks. Just to confirm, I just put that in the ACPI/Patched folder and I don't need to add anything to the Config.plist file? (I just did this and rebooted, and I don't see a new option under the sound Outputs.

Also, I am sorry but how do I make sure the Audio is showing up as HDEF?

This is my first time using the ioRegistryExplorer. I think I created it correctly.

Attachments

• Zorat.ioreg
    8.3 MB · Views: 78
Thanks. Just to confirm, I just put that in the ACPI/Patched folder and I don't need to add anything to the Config.plist file? (I just did this and rebooted, and I don't see a new option under the sound Outputs.

Also, I am sorry but how do I make sure the Audio is showing up as HDEF?

This is my first time using the ioRegistryExplorer. I think I created it correctly.

You have a Audio Device showing up under HDEF. Which is showing up as onboard 1 which is correct. Attach Clover folder with Themes Removed ZIP attach.

You have a Audio Device showing up under HDEF. Which is showing up as onboard 1 which is correct. Attach Clover folder with Themes Removed ZIP attach.

I just tried the other option with the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml file and it didn't work. I will stop changing them and leave it in the current Alternative state with a new .ioreg file uploaded. If you like one vs the other I will change it to the Original or Alternative.

I also have attached the Clover.zip file minus the themes.

Thank you again.

Attachments

• Zorat.ioreg
    8.3 MB · Views: 97
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
I just tried the other option with the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml file and it didn't work. I will stop changing them and leave it in the current Alternative state with a new .ioreg file uploaded. If you like one vs the other I will change it to the Original or Alternative.

I also have attached the Clover.zip file minus the themes.

Thank you again.

Well the reason why Audio isn't working. You have no realtekALC in 10.13 Folder. Your Clover folder is a mess. Take a look at https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Well the reason why Audio isn't working. You have no realtekALC in 10.13 Folder. Your Clover folder is a mess. Take a look at https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

OK, I had taken that out as I had it running with a different solution.

As for the mess, any suggestions would be appreciated. I initially started working from another MSI Z170A-Tomahawk install.

Here, I have reinstalled the other way with the realtekALC in 10.12. (Is there a reason to have it in 10.12 instead of just in the other folder?) And can't I just delete everything older than 10.12?

Attachments

• Zorat 2.ioreg
    8.3 MB · Views: 94
  • CLOVER 2.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
OK, I had taken that out as I had it running with a different solution.

As for the mess, any suggestions would be appreciated. I initially started working from another MSI Z170A-Tomahawk install.

Here, I have reinstalled the other way with the realtekALC in 10.12. (Is there a reason to have it in 10.12 instead of just in the other folder?) And can't I just delete everything older than 10.12?

Which Config are you using? You only need one Config.plist.
Kexts that goes in EFI/Clover/kexts/other are only needed for booting into the Recovery Partition. Kexts should really be in L/E. Only need FakeSMC & Ethernet kext in Other folder. realtekALC will work fine in L/E. Inject kexts should be Detect.
Probably better to re-run Multibeast for Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back