Contribute
Register

Haswell z87x-ud3h 4770k memory allocation error addr: 0x320 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Graphics
MSI GTX 680
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all, long time fan.

My build:

Gigabyte z87x-ud3h
Intel 4770k
Msi gtx 680 twin frozr
Gskill trident x ddr3 2400 ram 16GB (2x8)

Ran unibeast, -x to boot into ML, installed multibeast per the guide, and now I am getting this message:

" memory allocation error addr: 0x320 size: 0x514 line: 0 "

Anyone know how to combat this? I searched the forum and google with no helpful results. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Memory allocation error, did you tweak your memory, downclock, and test all memory in Gold memory test! To be sure is OSX or hardware problem!

Okay, I actually think I figured it out! I had my easy tune set to "extreme" 4.5 Ghz, but when I took it back down to stock Ghz, the error went away. Hopefully if anyone else has this issue, this can help.

I've exactly the same problem with my haswell i4770k hackintosh running OSX 10.9. It works like a charm up to 4.3GHz - But when I try to overclock it further it won't boot anymore. I'm getting the same "memory allocation error" :/

Has anyone a solution for it?!

!!!
Got stuck with the same problem here my i7 4790k would not boot on Yosemite with more then 4.3 Ghz...
edited the boot file and that did it, now running at 4.7 Ghz like a charm !!!
thanks a lot !

montejogm, Thank You!

I was having a memory allocation error when I was overclocking my CPU and I could not figure it out. I found this thread and your post and I'm now able to overclock up to 4.7 Ghz no problem. The odd thing is that I did not have this issue on 10.10.1, it only started to happen when I upgraded to 10.10.2.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back