Graphics
HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys I would ask you if I should wait for the next Buyer's guide to buy my hardware, in order to get the best compatible parts, or if I can buy it right now. For the Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H we can be sure that it will be fully compatible? Why the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 does not figure in the early buyer's guide? That could be no longer compatible? Another thing, what is the highest multiplier for the i7 4770 (not K)? Thanks :mrgreen:

Here is my rig:

Intel Core i7 4770

Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H

Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB

Super Flower SF-500P14FG Golden Silent Fanless Plat [SF500P14FG]

PVI316G213C1QK Viper 3 Series, DDR3 16GB (4 x 4GB) 2133MHz

Hi guys I would ask you if I should wait for the next Buyer's guide to buy my hardware, in order to get the best compatible parts, or if I can buy it right now. For the Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H we can be sure that it will be fully compatible? Why the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 does not figure in the early buyer's guide? That could be no longer compatible? Another thing, what is the highest multiplier for the i7 4770 (not K)? Thanks :mrgreen:

Here is my rig:

Intel Core i7 4770

Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H

Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB

Super Flower SF-500P14FG Golden Silent Fanless Plat [SF500P14FG]

PVI316G213C1QK Viper 3 Series, DDR3 16GB (4 x 4GB) 2133MHz

Hi repez,

If anyone could honestly put their hand on their heart and tell you IF or WHEN these Haswell components will be compatible, then they would have a better crystal ball than many other people. I suggest you wait a little longer or buy the motherboard and CPU from the guide that was released yesterday.

The TP-Link TL-WDN4800 was added to the buyers guide after it was found to work very well and gave very good results. Products can only be added once you know they work.

Adrian B

Hi repez,

If anyone could honestly put their hand on their heart and tell you IF or WHEN these Haswell components will be compatible, then they would have a better crystal ball than many other people. I suggest you wait a little longer or buy the motherboard and CPU from the guide that was released yesterday.

The TP-Link TL-wDN4800 was added to the buyers guide after it was found to work very well and gave very good results. Products can only be added once you know they work.

Adrian B

Oh thanks, so, if I buy that components now, I could have some problems in future, also if they are in the haswell guide provided by this site, right?

Oh thanks, so, if I buy that components now, I could have some problems in future, also if they are in the haswell guide provided by this site, right?

The Haswell Guide is for early adapters. We understand that things like audio and ethernet ports should work. The i7 4770 should also work fine. What we do not know is IF or WHEN it will be supported by Mountain Lion. You can use Linux and/or Windows until that point in time however.

If you want to run OSX and want to do so sooner then Ivy Bridge is still available and works now. Its your choice, its your money. Your decision.

Adrian B

The Haswell Guide is for early adapters. We understand that things like audio and ethernet ports should work. The i7 4770 should also work fine. What we do not know is IF or WHEN it will be supported by Mountain Lion. You can use Linux and/or Windows until that point in time however.

If you want to run OSX and want to do so sooner then Ivy Bridge is still available and works now. Its your choice, its your money. Your decision.

Adrian B

Ok, thanks again. My fear is that when tonymacx86 will release the final Buyer's guide for Haswell, the Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H may results not compatible with OS X. But if you can ensure me that it is one of the most compatible motherboards and is only a fact of time, I can buy it, and use Windows until OS X will support it.
So my question turns into: what are the risks of buying now the hardware (if I want to run OS X, when it will be compatible), if I am disposed to use Windows for now?

Ok, thanks again. My fear is that when tonymacx86 will release the final Buyer's guide for Haswell, the Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H may results not compatible with OS X. But if you can ensure me that it is one of the most compatible motherboards and is only a fact of time, I can buy it, and use Windows until OS X will support it.
So my question turns into: what are the risks of buying now the hardware (if I want to run OS X, when it will be compatible), if I am disposed to use Windows for now?

Thats just it - I have a feeling that the MX board was in the early adopters section last year - it didn't make it through to a buyers guide though. I don't know the reason for that however or even if I am remembering it correctly. I have another concern with Haswell though. I don't think it will be compatible with any version of Mountain Lion that is available for download.

Apple would appear to be tightening up on kexts running in the operating system, I am sure that there are ways around this - in fact I know that there is, however this all takes time to do. As an early adopter you take a risk that your motherboard in particular might not work or might not have full functionality in some way.

You say to me "But if you can ensure me that it is one of the most compatible motherboards and is only a fact of time, I can buy it" - what I am telling you is even with what we know about this motherboard - I can not and will not lead you to believe that it might work. What I am saying is it might not work - I do not know for sure - the bottom line is I am thinking of buying another Ivy Bridge system rather than Haswell. I am not convinced that Haswell will work before Mavericks is available for download and I can see no benefit to Apple in releasing it before late September or early October which is about when the new Mac Pro is due for release.

Adrian B

Thanks Adrian, you were very kind to alert me. We also need to wait until the release of UniBeast and MultiBeast to make a correct installation right? I can not ask anything about Mavericks compatibility right?

repez,

I think you will agree that while we are all genuinely hungry for further compatibility information with regard to which motherboards will be fully supported. This new TonyMac release does show that things are well and truly underway. It is a welcome release and shows the direction of travel, there is still some way to go, but I am sure over the next 3 months more will slowly unfold and we will see more 'official information' being released.

There is for sure much going on in the background to enable non hackers to use Haswell hardware with OSX. Keep this link under your hat and don't go releasing this info to everyone, most of it is covered by non disclosure agreement and we do not want either of these sites getting into trouble ;) https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back