Contribute
Register

Haswell NUC technical specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the latest NUC get available i'm sure this will get solved. I'm also looking into getting one for the same purpose.

An ACPI issue? Perhaps try an older ACPIPlatform.kext ?

That's what was hanging my DQ77KB/i7 combo. It fixed it with the older version.

For certain this is only curable by flashing an unlocked bios. It was the only way my H87 Zotac board (same issue) could be fixed.

The answer is PMPatch from Windows (hopefully) and then flashing the bios.

If you get stuck then you really do need to enlist the help of "CodeRush" or "FixItFelix Jr" and work with them to use PMPatch and get it flashed successfully. They really are the experts in this.

In the case of some boards a hardware method needs to be done to flash the chip, but hopefully this is not the case with your board.

If you don't know where to find CodeRush, FixItFelix or the PMPatch tool then google will lead you where you need to go (as I cannot post the link here).

Good luck.

(edit: just as a bit more info, and to explain a little more, Haswell chips have power management that is done by the Kernel - not by AICPUPM kext - and it is the reason why using nullcpupm kext or patching AICPUPM kext directly cannot help you. If you have a bios that is not naturally compatible [such as gigabyte or some ASUS] then the only option at the moment is to flash a fixed bios. No doubt some developers will soon come up with an automatic patch for the mach_kernel given time, but for now the only way is to flash or to ditch the board and just use it for Windows/Linux.)

Hopefully someone can build a working BIOS for the haswell NUC's with PMPatch or write a guide here on the forum. I'm sure many of us want to have this to build a hackingtosh :cry:

I applied the PMPatch to "Intel D34010WYK NUC Kit BIOS 0021" from October 24th 2013.
Since i haven't got my shipment of the Haswell NUC yet i can't test it tho.
So please try this on your own risk!

1. BIOS file WY0021.bio downloaded from http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIOS/Intel/Intel-D34010WYK-NUC-Kit-BIOS-0021.shtml

2. Patched with compiled version of PMPatch for Windows (MacOSX version got "Segmentation fault: 11" when trying to apply patch at 00577D34. Cause it's too big?). PMPatch_0.5.13_win.zip

Output
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 00577D34 patched.
AMI nest module at 003ABFCC patched.
Output file generated.

screenshot.png

Patched BIOS attached
View attachment WY0021x.bio.zip

I got my NUC D54250WYK yesterday. Will put it together and test it later this week with your patched BIOS.

jespera: I'm not sure it's the same BIOS for your model since you have the i5?

They seems to be the same. But just to be sure, I will patch the one I downloaded from Intel.
I have just put it together and loaded a live Ubuntu on it just to check that everything is fine.

First I tried with the patched WY0021x.BIO. It did not work. Then I updated to the stock bios WY0021.BIO, that worked fine of course.
Trying install Mavericks gets to the a Apple screen that blinks shortly and then the NUC reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back