Contribute
Register

Haswell HP Envy vs. HP ProBook 450?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an assumption for sure. Whether the assumption will always be correct is not possible to predict.

Hence why I asked the question in #63.

The answer at the moment is yes?

Hence why I asked the question in #63.

The answer at the moment is yes?

Your question in post #63 has already been answered. Later, you asked me to predict the future, which would be amazing (I'd be friggin' rich!), but is not part of my skill set :)

Question #63 "is Update 2013-11-27 still the latest for 450 g1?"

#64 "I don't understand the question..."
#66 "Again, I do not understand the question."
#68 "When there are updates, I post them. I don't post just to say "no updates today."
#70 "It is an assumption for sure. Whether the assumption will always be correct is not possible to predict."
#72 "Your question in post #63 has already been answered. Later, you asked me to predict the future, which would be amazing (I'd be friggin' rich!), but is not part of my skill set :)"

You should become a politician ;)

Question #63 "is Update 2013-11-27 still the latest for 450 g1?"

#64 "I don't understand the question..."
#66 "Again, I do not understand the question."
#68 "When there are updates, I post them. I don't post just to say "no updates today."
#70 "It is an assumption for sure. Whether the assumption will always be correct is not possible to predict."
#72 "Your question in post #63 has already been answered. Later, you asked me to predict the future, which would be amazing (I'd be friggin' rich!), but is not part of my skill set :)"

You should become a politician ;)

I think the question started out bad. Asking whether a generic post on Haswell mach_kernel patching for XCPM with a few specifics for an HP Envy is "still latest" for a ProBook 450 G1...

If I can't find a valid answer for a question because the question is vague or doesn't make sense, I generally ask people to clarify what they are asking :)

My 450 G1 seems quite stable following post 1 of HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

keyboard mapping (esp function keys are not correct)
sleep is a bit unpredictable
1) sleep from apple (top left) seems to turn display off only (HDD still flashing, keystroke goes to straight to login
2) one night i left it to go to @sleep@ next morning the screen was black, keyboard seemingly unresponsive ..... only way to bring back to life was to reboot or insert HDMI (which kick-started the screen back into life)

Everything else seems ok .... but i wouldn't know as I've hardly used my @real@ mac

32bit Geekbench3 multi score (std 8gb RAM M500 SSD) is

My 450 G1 seems quite stable following post 1 of HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

keyboard mapping (esp function keys are not correct)

Did you change the DSDT header to select the appropriate ProBook layout? Try both 1411 or 1619 and report which is better. Also let me know what your original id was. You will see the number in your DSDT header (DefinitionBlock) after "HPQOEM".

sleep is a bit unpredictable
1) sleep from apple (top left) seems to turn display off only (HDD still flashing, keystroke goes to straight to login

There is a ~20 second delay in Mavericks. Did you wait long enough?

2) one night i left it to go to @sleep@ next morning the screen was black, keyboard seemingly unresponsive ..... only way to bring back to life was to reboot or insert HDMI (which kick-started the screen back into life)

Try brightness keys next time. Did you implement ACPIBacklight + DSDT patches for brightness?

Did you change the DSDT header to select the appropriate ProBook layout? Try both 1411 or 1619 and report which is better. Also let me know what your original id was. You will see the number in your DSDT header (DefinitionBlock) after "HPQOEM".

I changed from 1942 to 1680 as per instructions (i will try both 1411 and 1619)

There is a ~20 second delay in Mavericks. Did you wait long enough?

Looks like after 20secs the laptop ties to go to sleep (power light goes dim for a split second) but then jumps back into login screen

Try brightness keys next time. Did you implement ACPIBacklight + DSDT patches for brightness?

1) into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.ISCT\) remove_matched;
2) "IRQ Fix"
3) "Audio Layout 12"
4) "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (only apply the first section, NOT the next two for VID/AGP1)
5)"Brightness Fix (Haswell)"
6) "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1"
7) battery patch

Did I miss one out?

I will try brightness keys next time

I changed from 1942 to 1680 as per instructions (i will try both 1411 and 1619)

1680 is the same as 1411.

Looks like after 20secs the laptop ties to go to sleep (power light goes dim for a split second) but then jumps back into login screen

Install GenericUSBXHCI.kext and use -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag.

1) into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.ISCT\) remove_matched;
2) "IRQ Fix"
3) "Audio Layout 12"
4) "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (only apply the first section, NOT the next two for VID/AGP1)
5)"Brightness Fix (Haswell)"
6) "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1"
7) battery patch

May need (common):
"SMBUS Fix"
"7-series USB"
"HPET Fix"
"OS Check Fix"

Post ioreg if you want me to look at your setup so far: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

But maybe not considering you don't have GenericUSBXHCI.kext with -gux_defer_usb2 setup yet...

1619 is better aligned, thanks (are the function keys (brightness/volume F6,7,9,10) supposed work without "fn" key being pressed?)

GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed to system/library/extensions
flag installed in extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-gux_defer_usb2</string>

Installed
"SMBUS Fix"
"7-series USB"
"HPET Fix"
But not....
"OS Check Fix" (guessing already applied? as the "apply" button was grey)

View attachment IOreg450g14702mq.ioreg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back