Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't say that. Azul changed in 10.9.2, framebuffer edits changed. Nothing changed in 10.9.3, proceed.

Yes, you have reason. I confused the subtitle when was writing the post ...
I was watching the subtitle from [Guide]-Haswell-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v1.3.pdf

I have 3 doubts

The guide says that is required edit the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext and the AppleHDA.kext ... The onboard audio is working, thanks to your guide patching the native AppleHDA.kext
First doubt - Is necessary to patch the native AppleHDA.kext or the AppleHDA.kext from Multibeast?

Second doubt - If is patch the native AppleHDA.kext, could break the onboard audio?

Third doubt - Choosing technique - select one
My election was 2. 8 Series HDMI Audio ssdt (with native dsdt), What means (with native dsdt)? ... Need extract a native DSDT and install this in EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched?

And doing memory, think that my error was with one of those doubts on the hackintosh of my friend

Thanks in advanced

First doubt - Is necessary to patch the native AppleHDA.kext or the AppleHDA.kext from Multibeast?
Second doubt - If is patch the native AppleHDA.kext, could break the onboard audio?

Third doubt - extract a native DSDT and install this in EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched?
Native, MultiBeast/AppleHDA.kext_v2.5.5 and v2.5.3 - patch/yes. MultiBeast_v6.2 and newer - no
No.
No.

Thanks Toleda, works perfectly

Greetings

Hi, I'm an early adopter of the GA-H97N-WIFI. I had trouble with the DSDT in general, but was able to get a clean DSDT to boot with, but I still can't apply the audio patches required for HDMI audio (NVidia only in my case), since they produce errors in the DSDT. I'm attaching my original ACPI tables (unedited) and my current edited DSDT and PWM SSDT. I also can't boot with dropping OEM ssdts, but the custom one is still loaded it seems.

Thanks

View attachment adriangb ACPI files GAH97NWIFI.zip

can't apply the audio patches required for HDMI audio (NVidia only in my case), since they produce errors in the DSDT.
What is the difference between edited and unedited?
Previous generation patches never work on the next generation. The errors confirm incompatibility.
9 series: new compiler errors, new dsdt/ssdt arrangements; requires new dsdt edits and ssdts. Expect a post when 9series/HDMI audio is working.

Advise if interested in testing a 9series AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio ssdt.

What is the difference between edited and unedited?
Previous generation patches never work on the next generation. The errors confirm incompatibility.
9 series: new compiler errors, new dsdt/ssdt arrangements; requires new dsdt edits and ssdts. Expect a post when 9series/HDMI audio is working.

Advise if interested in testing a 9series AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio ssdt.

Cool, glad to hear it wasn't just me messing it up, and that it's being worked on. Of course I'd be more than happy to assist in any way I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back