Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, Post #1 Problem Reporting.

Hmm, all my long-winded explanation ... well, I just wanted to know if I had the steps right. And, on review, I don't.

I was missing this critical step from Notes #1

Download (View Raw) - Updated 7/17/2014: audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_v2_patch.command.zip

Also, I need one of these: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.zip for Z87MX-DH3.

Azimuth1 shared his last year and it works in my rig, but the video flickers when scrolling in launcher, so I may need to create my own or test someone else's.

Really, I was just trying to see if my steps, condensed from p. 1 seemed to cover all the issues. It seems the Azul.kext MUST be patched or no HDMI!

Franz

I was just trying to see if my steps, condensed from p. 1 seemed to cover all the issues. It seems the Azul.kext MUST be patched or no HDMI!
The files say what was really done; can't confirm a process without the result of the process. Every step is important, miss one, any one and no HDMI audio.

Hi Toleda, one last question and i'll be out of your hair. What method of installation should I use, the Mavericks one or the Haswell one? Do you know of any 3rd party sound cards out there that would work well with my build(pci or usb)?Up to this point the only problems I have with this build is the sound everything works perfect OOB.

No idea; unsupported guide, no attachments. Start over, see Post #1.

"8/1/2014 - 10.9.4 HD4600 HDMI audio, 892 AppleHDA.kext fixed. Use MultiBeat 6.4.1 or download AppleHDA.kext (below) and install with KextBeast."

Just that? Donwload the kext and install it. No more actions?

All best,

Sergio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back