Contribute
Register

Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
My haswell motherboard has hdmi/hdmi/DVI. Can I make the assumption that I can jump right to the azul-d patch without mapping the ports?

Is it possible to have HDMI audio available on both the motherboard HD4600 HDMI/DVI ports, as well as the HDMI ports on my nVidia GTX 760 by using a combination of the azul-d framebuffer patches, and the SSDT in the Haswell HDMI Audio Guide to enable nVidia HDMI audio?

I am currently using the SSDT method to enable nVidia HDMI audio.

I understand that I can not direct audio to more than one HDMI output at a time.

Can I make the assumption that I can jump right to the azul-d patch without mapping the ports?

Is it possible to have HDMI audio available on both the motherboard HD4600 HDMI/DVI ports, as well as the HDMI ports on my nVidia GTX 760?

I understand that I can not direct audio to more than one HDMI output at a time.
Why? Max 2XHDMI audio, consider native DP on the port without HDMI audio.
Yes.
Not correct.

Why? Max 2XHDMI audio, consider native DP on the port without HDMI audio.

Why can I make the assumption? Because my motherboard has no display ports. Therefore if I have 3 hdmi/dvi ports, the only patch that could apply is azul-d, correct?

Why can I make the assumption? Because my motherboard has no display ports. Therefore if I have 3 hdmi/dvi ports, the only patch that could apply is azul-d, correct?
Do what ever you want. Ignore the facts. Expect unpredictable HDMI audio.

Yes, see Post #1. Use azul-a, HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits. The patch enables HDMI audio, all other issues are off topic.

Excellent, thank you. Before seeing your response, I was able to get PB & FT to work again by doing a clean install and running the patches prior to running MultiBeast to install any drivers. I actually used azul-c in my setup, not truly knowing/understanding the difference between them even after looking at the config info. both A & C seems to be pretty much the same. Would you mind quickly briefing me on their differences so I know for future reference? Thanks again for your hard work and I have given you a "shout-out" on my guide...

azul-a: hdmi/dvi on Ports 0x6 and 0x7
azul-c: hdmi/dvi on Ports 0x5 and 0x6

Thanks toleda...I think I understood that much. I guess what I am not understanding is what constitutes which port is 0x5, 0x6, 0x7. If you could explain for me I'd greatly appreciate it and have a better understanding. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back