Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm sorry if this post is redundant. I'm just looking for a simple, clean answer since I'm reading conflicting reports...

I'm reading conflicting information as to whether Haswell is supported in a Hackintosh, specifically by 10.9 Mavericks.

I'm considering a build with the GA-Z87X-UD5H and i7-4770k.

Can someone confirm that this hardware is compatible and that I'll be able to set up Mavericks on it? Are there any recommended changes to what I plan to use for the MB and/or processor?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry if this post is redundant. I'm just looking for a simple, clean answer since I'm reading conflicting reports...

I'm reading conflicting information as to whether Haswell is supported in a Hackintosh, specifically by 10.9 Mavericks.

I'm considering a build with the GA-Z87X-UD5H and i7-4770k.

Can someone confirm that this hardware is compatible and that I'll be able to set up Mavericks on it? Are there any recommended changes to what I plan to use for the MB and/or processor?

Thanks in advance.

Haswell hardware has been supported in the monthly buyers guide since September 2013. Here is the November edition:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/398-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-november-2013.html#custo_pro
Mountain Lion works but only 10.8.5, Mavericks gives support to Haswell hardware too.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back