Contribute
Register

Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
on my macbook pro it shows 2 cores , my MAD pro it shows all 4 cores in 10.8.5, my 27" iMac shows 4 cores on 10.9.3, this one shows 1 core....

View attachment 94592

and from time to time I'm thinking its not running on all 4 cores.
Do you think its possible to get it to show all 4 cores on that?

its a feature request i know......:0)

Hmm... Interesting. I have 4 showing on my ProBook 4540s (haven't looked, and 4 on my U430, but only one on my desktop. I'll have to do more investigation on why... I have a hunch.

Hmm... Interesting. I have 4 showing on my ProBook 4540s (haven't looked, and 4 on my U430, but only one on my desktop. I'll have to do more investigation on why... I have a hunch.

Awesome!.......

Awesome!.......

Deadend on the hunch. Not sure why it is showing on my two laptops but not the desktop. More investigation required.

Let me know if you discover something...

Note: I'm using Clover on all my systems...

Awesome!.......

Not at my computer now, but try making the dock icons larger.

Tested here on desktop. Maybe on quad-core Activity monitor only shows one bar, because 8 would be ridiculous.

thanks, awesome indeed......
it is an 8 core.........

Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 18.10.45.png

Actually 4 core with hyperthreading, so 8 threads.

Yes, indeed....

Have you made airplay work with the self-made 11.2 smbios?
just get a black screen on the Apple TV, pretty sure it worked with the 8.something.

Thanks for sharing your great work. I have an Asus G750JX haswell laptop arriving next week. I have already PMPatched the Bios 208/209 files to unlock MSR. Would I still need to patch the kernel for 10.9.3?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back