Contribute
Register

Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, smbios tab and fill in the blanks?

In CC? There is a smbios Wizard thing (big button on the right with the stars) that will fill it all in for you. Then you can edit an existing /Extra/smbios.plist to change the relevant items via copy/paste.

In CC? There is a smbios Wizard thing (big button on the right with the stars) that will fill it all in for you. Then you can edit an existing /Extra/smbios.plist to change the relevant items via copy/paste.

ok, replaced all that was in the smbios to iMac 14.2 with what was generated by CC.
still no dice, no cpu in hwmonitor or 8 cores in activity monitor.

smbios attached.

Attachments

• smbios.plist
    491 bytes · Views: 219
ok, replaced all that was in the smbios to iMac 14.2 with what was generated by CC.
still no dice, no cpu in hwmonitor or 8 cores in activity monitor.

smbios attached.

It looks a little incomplete. Better to generate smbios.plist with Chameleon Wizard then replace the relevant parts.

And always post ioreg otherwise no way for me to verify/see what you've done.

Also, after you have correct smbios in place (and reboot), you must regenerate ssdt using ssdtPRgen.sh as the script depends on having the correct smbios active.

It looks a little incomplete. Better to generate smbios.plist with Chameleon Wizard then replace the relevant parts.

And always post ioreg otherwise no way for me to verify/see what you've done.

Also, after you have correct smbios in place (and reboot), you must regenerate ssdt using ssdtPRgen.sh as the script depends on having the correct smbios active.

ok, noted, still not working .....have a look.

Attachments

• SRC’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2 MB · Views: 89
  • smbios.plist
    721 bytes · Views: 195
ok, noted, still not working .....have a look.

What exactly doesn't work?

As far as no CPU info in HwMonitor, it appears you don't have the FakeSMC plugin, CPUSensors.kext, installed.

And your CPU is a 4-core i7-4700MQ. I don't know of any laptops with 8-core CPUs.

What exactly doesn't work?

As far as no CPU info in HwMonitor, it appears you don't have the FakeSMC plugin, CPUSensors.kext, installed.

And your CPU is a 4-core i7-4700MQ. I don't know of any laptops with 8-core CPUs.

F....hell, no i didn't, sorry about that.
plugin installed and i now have temps on my cpu.

in Activity monitor the /application/utilities/Activity monitor, when right click on the dock icon and setting Dock icon/show CPU usage it only shows 1 core, is it possible to show all 4?

thank you for you help its very appreciated.

in Activity monitor the /application/utilities/Activity monitor, when right click on the dock icon and setting Dock icon/show CPU usage it only shows 1 core, is it possible to show all 4?

It is probably showing overall CPU usage, not just one core.

It is probably showing overall CPU usage, not just one core.

on my macbook pro it shows 2 cores , my MAD pro it shows all 4 cores in 10.8.5, my 27" iMac shows 4 cores on 10.9.3, this one shows 1 core....

Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 00.51.44.png

and from time to time I'm thinking its not running on all 4 cores.
Do you think its possible to get it to show all 4 cores on that?

its a feature request i know......:0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back