Contribute
Register

Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works.
I just read post#1 and could not find any update about enabling p-state between 8x-24x. Where could I find this information?
Thanks.

I just read post#1 and could not find any update about enabling p-state between 8x-24x. Where could I find this information?
Thanks.

Native power management is enabled by correct smbios, correct SSDT, and patched kernel.

The related post on IM has some additional info regarding pstate testing: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/

You should use a recent AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext to test pstates. Or use a very long sample time (days) with other tools.

Updated the patch repo to include a script (patch_hda.sh) which can create an AppleHDA injector. Used in conjunction with Clover and kext patches in the provided config.plist, allows AppleHDA.kext to remain vanilla.

Based on work of Pike: http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/12/17/new-style-of-applehda-kext-patching/ and patched AppleHDA.kext here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290687-wip-hp-envy-17t-j000-quad-haswell-1085109/

Note: This work is untested. I do not have the laptop anymore. But I'm using the same script/technique with my Lenovo u430 and it works.

Hey guys! I have been dealing with some new graphics artifacts with the upgrade to 10.9.3. I did the Combo Update and followed Stork's instructions. Everything else is perfect except for a quarter inch of this thick peach line. Very similar to what used to happen to the Probook 4530s before the awesome people of this community came up with the daemon that would run. Honestly I forgot what it was called, but it was a major breakthrough a couple of years ago.

If I can't find that daemon I will just do a clean install of 10.9.3 on my Envy. That usually clears post-install problems up for me.

Hey guys! I have been dealing with some new graphics artifacts with the upgrade to 10.9.3. I did the Combo Update and followed Stork's instructions. Everything else is perfect except for a quarter inch of this thick peach line. Very similar to what used to happen to the Probook 4530s before the awesome people of this community came up with the daemon that would run. Honestly I forgot what it was called, but it was a major breakthrough a couple of years ago.

If I can't find that daemon I will just do a clean install of 10.9.3 on my Envy. That usually clears post-install problems up for me.

Are you using "Graphics Mode" boot flag to set resolution at the boot loader?
Is your patched DSDT current with respect to the native DSDT?

Also, you should try EC reset: Shutdown, Disconnect/remove all power sources, hold power button 30 sec, reconnect power sources.

I've got a similar problem with the HP Envy 15-J063CL(i7-4700mq). I have tried using the mach_kernel patch (both patches) onto my Unibeast drive. I've tried booting with different boot flags. What is my next step? Any help is appreciated.

I've got a similar problem with the HP Envy 15-J063CL(i7-4700mq). I have tried using the mach_kernel patch (both patches) onto my Unibeast drive. I've tried booting with different boot flags. What is my next step? Any help is appreciated.

Are you still getting a reboot just after mach_kernel is started?

If not, then you have a different problem... likely graphics. Easy way to fix is likely to install Chimera3 to your USB. You'll need it (or Chameleon or Clover) anyway as Chimera2 will not work with your laptop.

If you are still getting reboot, double check your work... verify md5 sums of mach_kernel match post #1.

FYI: I recommend Clover for your machine (I had exactly the same one).

Ok, did a fresh install as my combo update went south…...

With a clean install i get "Waiting for dsmos" , i installed with the unibeast 3.0.1 10.9 installer and applied 10.9.3 combo, that is it?
replaced the mach_kernel at each reboot.

tried all the boot flags, -x -f- x GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=11 ends up at DSMOS?

do i need a new patched mach_kernel? that i make myself or is the old one still good.

Ok, did a fresh install as my combo update went south…...

With a clean install i get "Waiting for dsmos" , i installed with the unibeast 3.0.1 10.9 installer and applied 10.9.3 combo, that is it?
replaced the mach_kernel at each reboot.

tried all the boot flags, -x -f- x GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=11 ends up at DSMOS?

do i need a new patched mach_kernel? that i make myself or is the old one still good.

"Waiting for DSMOS" without "DSMOS has arrived" indicates failure to install FakeSMC.

"Waiting for DSMOS" without "DSMOS has arrived" indicates failure to install FakeSMC.

Yep i googled me to that as well, but in a freshly made Unibeast installer?
how could i solve that!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back