Contribute
Register

Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it, thank you. I installed Chameleon and realized the using my desktop Hackintosh to modify the laptop HD had changed permissions to read only. Can you say n00b? I will post updates as I progress. I need to read more posts on this thread as you (and others) have probably already answered most of my questions. I am just short on time now. Thanks very much for your attention and help.

UPDATE

I can still boot into install using the USB drive. I removed all NVIDIA kexts including NVSMU.kext. I removed all GeForce kexts.

Installed Chameleon, used boot flags IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -v -f UseKernelCache=N

Result is attached screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_20140429_114647_136.jpg
    IMG_20140429_114647_136.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 181
UPDATE

I can still boot into install using the USB drive. I removed all NVIDIA kexts including NVSMU.kext. I removed all GeForce kexts.

Installed Chameleon, used boot flags IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -v -f UseKernelCache=N

Result is attached screenshot

I see "Waiting for DSMOS", but no "DSMOS has arrived". Indicates FakeSMC is not installed. FakeSMC is compulsory for all hacks.

RehabMan, thank you. I installed FakeSMC via Multibeast and was able to boot with the flags from your post #385. Graphics seems to be working, listed as Intel HD Graphics 4600 in Graphics/Displays. I assume if various high resolutions are available, QE/CI is working as well, is that correct?

I think DSDT patching is next-- to use your Github repository from post #1 and dump my tables, can I boot Linux from a USB drive? If so, will Ubuntu suffice?

Running short on time now, so I will attempt more later. Thanks for your expert advice, RehabMan! By the way, kudos to you and everyone involved with the ProBook 4530 installers-- those were very useful with other laptops, thank you!

RehabMan, thank you. I installed FakeSMC via Multibeast and was able to boot with the flags from your post #385. Graphics seems to be working, listed as Intel HD Graphics 4600 in Graphics/Displays. I assume if various high resolutions are available, QE/CI is working as well, is that correct?

Personally, I check ioreg. You should see full complement of Framebuffers and Accelerators under GFX0 device (patched DSDT will eventually change it to IGPU).

I think DSDT patching is next-- to use your Github repository from post #1 and dump my tables, can I boot Linux from a USB drive? If so, will Ubuntu suffice?

Yes, I usually use Ubuntu 12.04LTS as I made a USB for it long ago and it works...

Running short on time now, so I will attempt more later. Thanks for your expert advice, RehabMan! By the way, kudos to you and everyone involved with the ProBook 4530 installers-- those were very useful with other laptops, thank you!

You're welcome and enjoy... Maybe someday someone will make a "ProBook Installer" like installer for other laptops...

Hello RehabMan,
i see that the new chimera supports intel hd 4600, so i tried and made an installer usb using unibeast then patched the mach_kernel for 10.9.2 (thnks) and removed the nvidia and geforece kexts.
the installer works with -f (not sure if it works without as well) and it loaded so i thought it would work for the installed os x 10.9.2
After the installer finished i tried to boot with -v -f only and (as expected) it didnt display correctly i got the bluetooth thing and DSMOS arrived.

My question is does it work with chimera or at least with some simillar boot flages like IntelAzulFB=11 but for chimera?

If not then i dont understand why would it work for the installer with no special boot flags but not os x itself

Hello RehabMan,
i see that the new chimera supports intel hd 4600, so i tried and made an installer usb using unibeast then patched the mach_kernel for 10.9.2 (thnks) and removed the nvidia and geforece kexts.
the installer works with -f (not sure if it works without as well) and it loaded so i thought it would work for the installed os x 10.9.2
After the installer finished i tried to boot with -v -f only and (as expected) it didnt display correctly i got the bluetooth thing and DSMOS arrived.

My question is does it work with chimera or at least with some simillar boot flages like IntelAzulFB=11 but for chimera?

If not then i dont understand why would it work for the installer with no special boot flags but not os x itself

You can try with Chimera:
IGPEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N IGPlatformID=0A260006 dart=0

or:
IGPEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N IGPlatformID=0A260005 dart=0

You can try with Chimera:
IGPEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N IGPlatformID=0A260006 dart=0

or:
IGPEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N IGPlatformID=0A260005 dart=0

as an update for my reply, chimera worked with no extra boot flags, i had to boot with -x..
anyway i got in a different problem now, with boot0ss error

as an update for my reply, chimera worked with no extra boot flags, i had to boot with -x..

-x is safe mode. Not a long term solution.

anyway i got in a different problem now, with boot0ss error

Post a photo.

Recently updated DSDT patch repo for this laptop to enable:

- Fn+brightness keys to allow keyboard access to brightness controls
- HDMI audio provided by DSDT patches + AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patches in config.plist

See post #1 for github link.

Note: I do not have this laptop anymore, so someone will need to test recent changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back