Contribute
Register

Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Rehabman!
i use clover to patch my Kernel and then let ssdtprgen.sh with the argument i5-4200U generate my ssdt.
in this situation should i also change my smbios? my current smbios is Macbook Air 6.2.

thanks in advance

hi Rehabman!
i use clover to patch my Kernel and then let ssdtprgen.sh with the argument i5-4200U generate my ssdt.
in this situation should i also change my smbios? my current smbios is Macbook Air 6.2.

thanks in advance

Already answered elsewhere. MacBookAir6,2 seems appropriate.

hi Rehabman!

thanks in advance

Hi
I have too a i5-4200U cpu,
can you post the smbios for MacbookAir 6,2?
I can't find it.

Dont really see the brightness fix?

Yes, found it....

just to clarify is this going to suspend the system to save battery or just blacken the screen?

how about the touch driver i posted earlier, can you make it work?

Yes, found it....

just to clarify is this going to suspend the system to save battery or just blacken the screen?

"Brightness Fix" is to make the brightness slider appear in SysPrefs->Displays.

Note: There is work going on to improve the brightness situation using ACPIBacklight. It has the potential to apply to any Intel HD graphics. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/118805-full-range-brightness-using-acpibacklight.html. I haven't tried it with my Envy (HD4600) yet.

how about the touch driver i posted earlier, can you make it work?

I didn't see any source code there... Seems like the best way to get touch to work is to purchase a driver from touch-base.

"Brightness Fix" is to make the brightness slider appear in SysPrefs->Displays.

Note: There is work going on to improve the brightness situation using ACPIBacklight. It has the potential to apply to any Intel HD graphics. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/118805-full-range-brightness-using-acpibacklight.html. I haven't tried it with my Envy (HD4600) yet.

I didn't see any source code there... Seems like the best way to get touch to work is to purchase a driver from touch-base.

Ok, will give it a go.

no Touch base are very slow....just my appinion!...i posted the driver in the forum under touch driver.
And it works....:0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back