Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello community,
I need Mac OS 10.7 for my work, only Lion is good (any version of Lion). I want buy Haswell CPU (
Intel Core i3 4340) and motherboard (GigaByte GA-Z87M-HD3). How this CPU and motherboard will work on Lion?? Or I must find CPU and Motherboard on 1155 socket?? Thanks.

P.S. Sorry my English.
Regards, grimser.

Can I use i5-3470 and Z77-D3H motherboard on Lion?? And can I use palit gtx 650 ti videocard?? Thanks

Can I use i5-3470 and Z77-D3H motherboard on Lion?? And can I use palit gtx 650 ti videocard?? Thanks

Should be OK if you can get the gfx card to work - I seem to recall troubles with the 650ti so use forum search before buying.

Also, your CPU doesn't have compatible gfx so if you have problems with a gfx card you can't take the card out and use the on-CPU gfx.

Look at http://ark.intel.com/products/family/65504/3rd-Generation-Intel-Core-i5-Processors?q=i5 and pich out any CPU with HD4000 gfx and it will work without a gfx card. Check your local supplier for availability. Since most Ivy Bridge are considered EOL and are not being restocked you might have a problem finding one, so check ebay too.

Thanks. Local suppliers hasn't good cpu choise and has high prices on everything (videocards only Palit). I will try to find any cpu with HD4000 (if will not run gfx card, I can use on Windows for games :)). I heard Palit videocards is not good for Hackintosh, isn't it??

Thanks. Local suppliers hasn't good cpu choise and has high prices on everything (videocards only Palit). I will try to find any cpu with HD4000 (if will not run gfx card, I can use on Windows for games :)). I heard Palit videocards is not good for Hackintosh, isn't it??

Palit brand has worked in the past. Depends on how close to reference design and what device id it has in its firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back