Contribute
Register

Haswell build from scratch. Please give advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so IGNORE ME!
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been thinking about building a Haswell customac from scratch. Right now I have almost everything needed besides a haswell motherboard and a haswell i7. I will pick both from the October buyer's guide. I have a copy of Snow Leopard already in my hands. My questions is this:

Is it possible to get a Haswell build up and running from scratch?

I have the the iBoot Haswell tony posted on the forum but most users are complaining it isn't working. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I've been thinking about building a Haswell customac from scratch. Right now I have almost everything needed besides a haswell motherboard and a haswell i7. I will pick both from the October buyer's guide. I have a copy of Snow Leopard already in my hands. My questions is this:

Is it possible to get a Haswell build up and running from scratch?

I have the the iBoot Haswell tony posted on the forum but most users are complaining it isn't working. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ravenas

It would be better if you posted the cpu and motherboard that you are planing to purchase.

And Yes some users are having issues w iBoot for Haswell w all of the varied motherboards.

If you using one the october list for haswell motherboards it should have been checked.

Again need to know what your getting.

I also assume that your Snow Leopard is a retail version - which is shiping version 10.6.3 - white cover w pic of a snow cat on the cover.

ravenas

It would be better if you posted the cpu and motherboard that you are planing to purchase.

And Yes some users are having issues w iBoot for Haswell w all of the varied motherboards.

If you using one the october list for haswell motherboards it should have been checked.

Again need to know what your getting.

I also assume that your Snow Leopard is a retail version - which is shiping version 10.6.3 - white cover w pic of a snow cat on the cover.

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-4770K-Quad-Core-Processor-BX80646I74770K/dp/B00CO8TBQ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383322446&sr=8-1&keywords=4770k

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GA-Z87X-UD3H-Desktop-Motherboard-Chipset-/dp/B00CU4L508/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383322518&sr=8-1&keywords=GA-Z87X-UD3H

I purchased Snow Leopard for my MacBook a few years back.

ravenas

Yes those items look ok

As to the Snow Leo you have - is it the white one...

It is the white box. The box says that the version is 10.6.3.

It is the white box. The box says that the version is 10.6.3.

ravenas

As long as the DVD has a White cover and a pic of a Snow Cat on it your good.

If its a Grey one your not good.

ravenas

As long as the DVD has a White cover and a pic of a Snow Cat on it your good.

If its a Grey one your not good.

When Apple releases their software updates, do they have to be downloaded through tony mac os website or can you simply download them from Apple?

When Apple releases their software updates, do they have to be downloaded through tony mac os website or can you simply download them from Apple?

ravenas

Apple software updates and Apple major OS releases like Mavericks are available only from Apple.

TonyMacx86 has no connection to Apple in any way.

So if your looking to get Mavericks you will need to get it from the Apple store.

You will need to have an Apple Store account if you don't you will need to create one.

Hope this helps.

Also you should review this link for help in the install of Snow Leopard on Haswell hardware if you so have that type of hardware.

We have links for Ivy Bridge as well.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-haswell-based-pcs.html

ravenas

Apple software updates and Apple major OS releases like Mavericks are available only from Apple.

TonyMacx86 has no connection to Apple in any way.

So if your looking to get Mavericks you will need to get it from the Apple store.

You will need to have an Apple Store account if you don't you will need to create one.

Hope this helps.

Also you should review this link for help in the install of Snow Leopard on Haswell hardware if you so have that type of hardware.

We have links for Ivy Bridge as well.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-haswell-based-pcs.html

I was speaking in regards to software updates that are provided periodically, not actual OS upgrades. Thank you very much for your help thus far.

I was speaking in regards to software updates that are provided periodically, not actual OS upgrades. Thank you very much for your help thus far.

ravenas

Software updates are also only available from the Apple website -
but once you have the Apple App store app enabled -
the application App will notify you of updates and we suggest that you update only one's that do not need a reboot be applied.
In fact we suggest turning off the Updates notification in the Apple Control Panel as this can automatically update your OSX software on your hack which is bad.
TonyMacX86 has and does post information on the Apple Updates when they are announced on the main website. So checking that once Apple announces an update is good as it usually has a validation on how it will work on Hacks.
The one thing that happens is that Apple will change certain kexts which will cause sound to not function but this can be rectified with a roll back of the AppleHDA kext and a reinstall of the codex from MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back