Contribute
Register

Haswell/Big Sur Boot Loop Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did create all new Serials and also created new AppleID for the specific purpose of testing iServices on this build. I haven't tried my "main" Apple ID as of yet as I want to wait to have everything working before I use it. I suspect the issue is that the UUID is not returning as invalid on the Apple coverage check, but unknown ("We're unable to check coverage for this serial number"). So I've been regenerating UUIDs trying to get an invalid one, so far, no luck. I have a few things to do this afternoon but I will pick this up later this evening.

but unknown ("We're unable to check coverage for this serial number")
This is what you want to see in the red lettering.
Screen Shot 11.jpg

It means that no one else is using that System Serial number. If you check it and it's a valid Serial, don't use it.

Apple changed the wording that shows a serial is invalid. It now just says "unable to check coverage" for some reason.

I suspect the issue is that the UUID is not returning as invalid on the Apple coverage check
System Serial # is not the SystemUUID that's completely different. It just has to be "universally unique" not the same as a real Mac in existence.

Attachments

• 1672160442826.png
    1672160442826.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification, I can stop spamming the apple support page, and yes, I should have said System Serial, not UUID in my post above.

I confirmed my ROM in my config.plist matches my Ethernet MAC address, and that is linked to en0, so back to google unless you have any other insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back