Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX580
I'm working on getting Big Sur running on a Haswell system with the following specifications:
  • Motherboard: GA-Z97X-UD3H
  • CPU: Core i5-4690K/Haswell with Intel HD Graphics 4600 iGPU
I could not get any self-generated SMBIOS's to work, so I am using the ones found here: https://github.com/trick77/opencore-ga-z97x-ud5h

I followed the Open Core install guide, and made it to the installer. First reboot during install went ok, and with about 20 minutes left, it rebooted again. This time, however, I am stuck in a boot loop when I re-select the installer.

Config.plist is attached. Appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.7 KB · Views: 31
This looks pretty simple, but I am having trouble finding the Monterey .dmg to download. If I use the EFI posted tot the thread you linked to, could I follow the OpenCore/Dortina guide and use the recovery partition method? Or is the Monterey .dmg hosted somewhere?

So I created the Monterey installer, and I read your linked post which says, "Booting and the Clean installation of macOS Monterey was done in the normal manner." Can you be a bit more explicit in terms of next steps? The Montery USB is not recognized as bootable media, and copying over the EFI which is linked there also did not allow me to boot to the OC installer.

Sorry for all the dumb questions, I should probably quit and go to bed and pick this up tomorrow

Last edited:
The Montery USB is not recognized as bootable media, and copying over the EFI which is linked there also did not allow me to boot to the OC installer.
You need to first add the serials and SystemUUID to the config.plist before you'll see the OpenCore boot screen. Use OCAuxiliary Tools or GenSMBIOS to do that.

OCAT has a GUI interface if you prefer that: https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools/releases

At the minimum, you must have the SystemUUID in your config.plist.
Click on the PI tab as shown below. Then the generate button.
Copy and paste that into your confg.plist SystemUUID section.

1672109326722.png

1672109220964.png

Last edited:
Thanks TRS for all your help. In 24 hours, I've made more progress than I've made in now-and-then efforts to get this old rig working. I've got it booting nicely from the Monterey SSD and just trying to sort out why iMessage is signing me out after a few seconds. Also, is it safe to run Software Updates to bring it up to 12.6.2 without it breaking anything? Should I worry about updtating to the latest version of OpenCore or related ktexts? I'm fine leaving well enough alone too. Thanks again.

just trying to sort out why iMessage is signing me out after a few seconds.
If you did create all new Serials, probably because Apple has never seen them associated with your account. You needed to be completely signed out before you change all the Platform Info section of the .plist. Then sign in again after the serials and SmUUID are added. Reboot first of course so they take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back