Contribute
Register

Has anyone with a Z97M-D3H mother board had success installing El Capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M-DS3H
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone with a Z97M-D3H motherboard had success installing El Capitan? I have tried every way I can think of. I have used the normal clover install, the unibeast 6 install and nothing works for me. If anyone here has had success using this motherboard I can use all the help that I can get. I can't seem to get the install to complete. After it's first reboot it gets stuck on a black screen with a spinning wheel (like the one you get when you do a shut down or restart) I really have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for the reply. The second one looks like it might be it. This should help me figgure this install out. Thanks for the help.

my works perfectly !

do you use hdmi or DVi screen?

vga is not supported on OSX, insatallation will give you a black screen! and verbose mode will show few install lines and then fail !! but it works in bios menu ;)

DVI is the way to go

Intel 4600 graphics worked for me out-of-the-box, haven't tweaked anything. I read on the web, apparently if you can play chess and make moves it means QE/CI works. Can anyone confirm?

I've attached configuration/benchmarks ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 08.44.44.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 08.44.44.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 149
Hi,

I'm very active in different installations, so after reading a lot of forums decided to install Yosemite. It runs perfectly, see benchmarks for comparison. The only difference is that this one has 16GB of RAM.

As for your question, check if in BIOS you have selected:

Internal graphics: IGFX
Internal graphics memory size: 512 MB
DVMT Total Memory size: MAX

Connect one monitor to DVI and it should work out of the box

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 11.34.52.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 11.34.52.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back