Contribute
Register

Has anyone tried the new drivers (387.10.10.15.15.108)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just got a notification that nVidia pushed a new set of web drivers for macOS 10.13.6.

Has anyone installed them yet (387.10.10.15.15.108)?

I know where to download the `.pkg` but I can't find any changelog online. Would be nice if someone could share a link.

I just updated with this tool: https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update
The machine restarted unexpectedly (as it does when when your PSU is too small).
After the reboot I ran the script again. It applied a patch and I restarted again. So far, no issues.
You could alway go back to the version before using the same script.

The machine restarted unexpectedly (as it does when when your PSU is too small).
Can you explain further? How is this PSU related?

I have strange behaviour while installing this driver. The system was restarted by the driver installer immediately. After that was message like "The Computer must be restarted". After those double restarts the system was boot in normal boot with new driver. There are no any lags, downgrade perfomance or smth like that. Everything work ok with new driver. Hardware Encoding also on.

Can't find any information about this new driver (what's new or smth else). But it seems installer work not property.

I just got a notification that nVidia pushed a new set of web drivers for macOS 10.13.6.

Has anyone installed them yet (387.10.10.15.15.108)?

I know where to download the `.pkg` but I can't find any changelog online. Would be nice if someone could share a link.
WebDriver-387.10.10.15.15.108 is glitched. (See below) NVIDIA removed that one and posted WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105. Same problems with this one. I posted this on NVIDIA's forum site....

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...387-10-10-15-15-108-osx-lag/?offset=8#5863239

Updated when prompted to the "...108" driver update. Restarted and all my finder windows trail, go transparent or just a frame with a hole showing the desktop behind. PLUS: EVERYTHING is laggy...like 10 frames per second choppy movement. Window launches, dock animation, web browser windows and even moving around in Photoshop is tough. Things, buttons, clicks etc. take a second to register where they we instantaneous before the "...108" update.

Reloaded "...105" web driver and restarted. Same issue is present still but also notifies my that my CUDA driver also needs to be updated. cudadriver_396.148_macos was already installed but I installed it again to be sure. Restarted... same, same. Reluctantly tried to reload 106 and 107 drivers. "Mac OS X version is not compatible" of course.

Zapped the P-RAM in hopes it might fix the glitch. It did. Things moved smooth again on the desktop. Then I noticed that zapping the P-RAM turned the NVIDIA Web driver off and switched the system to the Default Mac OSX graphics driver. That's never happened before. It usually comes back up still using the NVIDIA Web driver regardless.

Please help...it's almost too difficult to work even doing simple tasks.

Mac Pro 5,1
OSX 10.13.6
3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4096 MB

WebDriver-387.10.10.15.15.108 is glitched. (See below) NVIDIA removed that one and posted WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105. Same problems with this one. I posted this on NVIDIA's forum site....

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...387-10-10-15-15-108-osx-lag/?offset=8#5863239

Updated when prompted to the "...108" driver update. Restarted and all my finder windows trail, go transparent or just a frame with a hole showing the desktop behind. PLUS: EVERYTHING is laggy...like 10 frames per second choppy movement. Window launches, dock animation, web browser windows and even moving around in Photoshop is tough. Things, buttons, clicks etc. take a second to register where they we instantaneous before the "...108" update.

Reloaded "...105" web driver and restarted. Same issue is present still but also notifies my that my CUDA driver also needs to be updated. cudadriver_396.148_macos was already installed but I installed it again to be sure. Restarted... same, same. Reluctantly tried to reload 106 and 107 drivers. "Mac OS X version is not compatible" of course.

Zapped the P-RAM in hopes it might fix the glitch. It did. Things moved smooth again on the desktop. Then I noticed that zapping the P-RAM turned the NVIDIA Web driver off and switched the system to the Default Mac OSX graphics driver. That's never happened before. It usually comes back up still using the NVIDIA Web driver regardless.

Please help...it's almost too difficult to work even doing simple tasks.

Mac Pro 5,1
OSX 10.13.6
3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4096 MB

After rolling back here we are noticing lagging responses. WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.105.pkg we are running now. It is really difficult to work on audio software. Thanks for your post I figured I was out of my mind.

For those having issues with the latest .108, when you first update, your hackintosh it will reboot before finishing installing the driver correctly. Upon that reboot you will have issues and your system will reboot again, then after that it will reboot crash one last time, then you should be able to successfully get into your hackintosh, then download the .108 package(unless you used that to update) and run the installer. It will successfully re-install the driver correctly. Reboot when prompted and enjoy. I can confirm this has worked on 2 of my machines (iMac Pro1,1 & Imac18,3)

Hope that helps those having issues and not to totally panic! =)

same. i created this account just so i can add to this swirl of a conversation.

(mac pro 2010 5,1, geforce gtx 970, 6-core xeon)

did everything from uninstalling, zapping pram, installing 387.10.10.10.40.105, uninstalling, zapping pram, disc utility first aid, pray to ancestors, installing 387.10.10.15.15.108, uninstalling, refreshing this forum and the one on nvidia for new posts, bash-ing in the terminal, disabling gatekeeper for 10 more installs, safe boot + installing, cursing apple and nvidia, feeling regret that i panic installed a driver without doing research, lamenting my deadline today, and taking naps in between. repeat.

help? who has the magic spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back