Contribute
Register

Has anyone made a Home Theater Hackentosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
im just wondering if anyone has ever attempted a HTPC Hackentosh? its just a weird idea i have wondered about.

So why would someone actually choose OSX specifically for a HTPC, considering Windows software allows for far greater image quality adjustments via FFDshow etc and Plex and XMBC are available for it as well?

So why would someone actually choose OSX specifically for a HTPC, considering Windows software allows for far greater image quality adjustments via FFDshow etc and Plex and XMBC are available for it as well?

Far greater image quality control with Windows, Really?????????????? Plex and XMBC work great in OS X. I'm using iTunes with a Apple TV and pretty happy with that!! Maybe, they choose OS X for a HTPC because they like it better then Windows, just a thought!!

I have no issues with my Hack as a HTPC set up, my 610 works just fine with full graphics.
OS X makes a fine HTPC set up, as mentioned above.

Plus I can game on my system with either OS X or Win because it is a dual boot, don't really get that with Linux.

Your also limited in total PC use with that little Android box lol but then it's all in what your using it for I suppose.
Also this is a hackintosh site and most discussions revolve around what we can and can't do with our builds and we can totally build a HTPC with no issues.

Hi

I'm new here so It's possible you don't like my reply because I will recommand you Linux for HTPC !!!

Simply download XBMCbuntu HERE and let's rock !

It's the best open source solution to get a powerfull HTPC configuration, and for sure will be really more compatible with your hardware (with full graphics acceleration for ex) than a hacked OSx.

You can also have a look on XBMC for Android, wich works very fine. You can purchase Mini Android PC on ebay for about 100€ ;)

I made a lot of HTPC configuration for years, and for me Android is now the best ! Have a look on HongKongGeek.com

I took my first tonymacx86 recommended build hackintosh and made a great HacHTPC out it. It's still running strong.

GD06BFrontViewweb.jpg

Build description: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/28724-storks-htpc-old-school-p55m-ud2-but-cool-htpc.html
HacHTPC use: http://www.tonymacx86.com/htpc/2922...-but-cool-htpc-how-works.html?highlight=works

XBMC works perfect.LCDproc,Arduino,4x20 lcd display.Apple remote.IMAG0001.jpg

I have dual boot on my HTPC, the two work great...
I have a blu-ray player and if I want to watch a 3D movie my only choice is to use windows...
Their is 2 apps that can play blu-ray on mac but only in 2D.

if you don't care about 3D blu-ray go for Mac...

Which two apps work for blu-ray? Also which other free streaming online tv services out there that you know of?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back