Contribute
Register

Has anyone gotten 2-wire digital audio work on a 100-series board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z490m pro-4
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Vega 64 (flashed Vega 56)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed Toleda's guide to get digital audio to be routed to the 2-wire header on my P55 board in preparation for my Gigabyte z170m-dh3 board to show up, which doesn't have an optical port. I got it to work by modifying platforms.zml.zlib. However, after a fresh install on my skylake board, any time I do the modification to the kext, all audio devices disappear and i have to re-run the cloverALC script to get it back. I'm using HDMI audio right now, but it doesn't mesh well with my setup.

Also, is there a clover patch for this so potentially I wouldn't have to modify the kext on updates? Thank you.

is there a clover patch for this so potentially I wouldn't have to modify the kext on updates?
No, not supported
Install edited info.plist to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.x/realtekALC.kext
Edit installed A/L/E/AppleHDA,kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.zml.zlib and reinstall.
Backup both files.
Both edits are removed when cloverALC runs, not when, Software Update runs.

So I changed the node IDs from 30 and 6, to 17 and 16 and all of my audio devices go away. I even changed them back to 30 and 6 to make sure I was handling the zlib files correctly, and everything came back. Do you have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

shhhhhh I've checked over my work so many times. Specifically, it is changing 30 to 17 that breaks everything. Halp.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Platforms.plist
    171.8 KB · Views: 139
  • RealtekkextInfo.plist
    12.1 KB · Views: 195
Thank you again for looking at this for me.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    12.8 MB · Views: 99
Edited pin configs are not loading.

Do you know of anything I can try? This install is very new, so there isn't any junk installed.

The only thing out of the ordinary that I am doing is that my system disk is on 2 different SSD's that are using Apple RAID. My clover install is on a USB drive. So far it works wonderfully, and I like being able to easily change my Clover config with my Air if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back