Graphics
GTX 980 ti FTW
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
i just build a 4th machine and it does not start up. I am using a hard drive (with osx installed) and ram that i know works.

the machine boots, the gigabyte graphic shows up and then the machine shuts down. i am unable to hit tab to see what it is doing and i am unable to get into the bios. I have unplugged the machine and held the CMOS button on the back (resets bios?)

the hardware i have is:
i7 970 processor
corsair h70 cooler
x58 udr5 motherboard
corsair AX850 power supply
evga gtx470 video card
regular hard drive with osx installed
corsair c300 with osx installed
both installs are iboot/multibeast from an identical machine that i sold so i know its not the drives or the install and the machine fails within about 15 seconds of booting.. I also had the ram in the other machine so i know that is good

I think i have some kind of hardware problem but i dont know anything about troubleshooting hardware (i just started making machines a few months ago, before that it was open the apple box and call them if i have any problems)

I have unplugged all drives and just had the dvd installed, had just the dvd and the ssd installed, only usb keyboard and mouse are plugged in, unplugged all the wires that go to the front panel, installed only one stick of ram (ram is in the correct slots)

do i call the motherboard company? how do i figure out if it is the power supply, processor, ram or motherboard?

I have another disk with a windows 7 install from my previous machine (all the same hardware) that i can plug in.

anyone have any suggestions on what i should do? i am going to take the machine apart tonight and reassemble but I didnt do anything different on this machine than the last 4 that i have built in the past 2 months.

jonnynogood said:
i just build a 4th machine and it does not start up. I am using a hard drive (with osx installed) and ram that i know works.

the machine boots, the gigabyte graphic shows up and then the machine shuts down. i am unable to hit tab to see what it is doing and i am unable to get into the bios. I have unplugged the machine and held the CMOS button on the back (resets bios?)

the hardware i have is:
i7 970 processor
corsair h70 cooler
x58 udr5 motherboard
corsair AX850 power supply
evga gtx470 video card
regular hard drive with osx installed
corsair c300 with osx installed
both installs are iboot/multibeast from an identical machine that i sold so i know its not the drives or the install and the machine fails within about 15 seconds of booting.. I also had the ram in the other machine so i know that is good

I think i have some kind of hardware problem but i dont know anything about troubleshooting hardware (i just started making machines a few months ago, before that it was open the apple box and call them if i have any problems)

I have unplugged all drives and just had the dvd installed, had just the dvd and the ssd installed, only usb keyboard and mouse are plugged in, unplugged all the wires that go to the front panel, installed only one stick of ram (ram is in the correct slots)

do i call the motherboard company? how do i figure out if it is the power supply, processor, ram or motherboard?

I have another disk with a windows 7 install from my previous machine (all the same hardware) that i can plug in.

anyone have any suggestions on what i should do? i am going to take the machine apart tonight and reassemble but I didnt do anything different on this machine than the last 4 that i have built in the past 2 months.
Plugging in the Win7 HD and trying to boot it will probably result in a black screen with a sign saying "You may be the victim of software piracy. Please contact yada..yada..yada..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back