Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
It all started when I was playing with drivers. When I booted up, I saw the RTL8169 while in verbose mode. So I installed RTL8111SL, which loaded OK, then I booted into Windows, and No network.
My Realtek RTL8111E is recognized by both Mac and windows, but neither are working.
I have verified the cable is good, as I have attached a usb nic to the same cable.
When I plug in the network cable, no lights come on. I currently have Lnx2Mac RTL 8111 installed.

I just upload GA-X58A-UD3R v2 FC, which took OK. I was hoping that brute force might kick the nic in gear, and start it working.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Thanks

[SOLVED]
Trying the things Lnx2Mac suggested got my adapter to work in Windows, but I was still having trouble with my hackintosh.
After upgrading to 1.6.6, I was in verbose mode, watching for any failures. I kept on seeing the AppleRTL8169, driver load. I went into S/L/E looking for this kext. Nothing found. I then thought, since I'm using another driver for my NIC, I shouldn't need the IOnetworking KEXT that has been installed for ever. After deleting the file, and rebooting, I have my network running FULL STEAM Ahead!

Thank for your suggestions. They got me on the right track.

Attachments

• Nic not working.png
    Nic not working.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 138
Re: Hardware Failure?

Try the following... But after each of these steps, check if it "revived" your NIC, if not, move on...
- Enter SmartLAN in the BIOS,
- Power-off the system, and leave it a while without power (all cables unplugged, including Ethernet),
- Clear CMOS, reconfigure BIOS settings,
- Reflash BIOS, reconfigure BIOS settings.

I've seen this many times on Gigabyte boards...

Good Luck,
Lnx2Mac

Re: Hardware Failure?

Thanks, I'll give this a try tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back