gigabyte ati radeon hd5770 1gb
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Everyone,

So I got a new motherboard (the previous one was faulty, what a bad luck).

I changed the bios setting according to the instructions here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

after ibooting and putting in the SL installation dvd the disk utility doesn't see anything apart from dvd drive.

I tried swapping seta 0 with 1, nothing

I tried with linux installation disc - it also doesn't see the harddrive...

It sees a USB stick though.

any ideas and help appreciated

kaziem82 said:
Hi Everyone,

So I got a new motherboard (the previous one was faulty, what a bad luck).

I changed the bios setting according to the instructions here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

after ibooting and putting in the SL installation dvd the disk utility doesn't see anything apart from dvd drive.

I tried swapping seta 0 with 1, nothing

I tried with linux installation disc - it also doesn't see the harddrive...

It sees a USB stick though.

any ideas and help appreciated
Boot into BIOS and disable the Gigabyte splash screen so you can see the post (if you haven't done so already). Does your HD show up in the post at all? Did you make sure to set all of the SATA ports to AHCI in BIOS?

Specs on the hard drive?

Hi,

Thanks for a quick reply.

I disabled the Gigabyte splash screen but It's to quick for me to read it,

I did make sure to set all of the SATA ports to AHCI in BIOS (there was only one that I had to change).

My harddrive is Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM hd103sj (any more specs you need to know?)

But now comes a funny part, my case is cooler master and on the top (outside) you can plug another disk, I did it and funny enough it was detected in disk utility!!!;-) and I am installing SL now.

so I managed to install SL, to update, run multibeast and all is owrking fine, but when I put the disk inside the case it is not detected, still it works outside, on the top. Any ideas how to deal with it?

will let you know about progress.

thanks

Hi, I know you havent posted anything for a while now, but ive been encountering a similar problem with the SL installation not detecting my OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD. The BIOS is picking it up during the POST screen, and its connect to the Sata_0 port on my MOBO but SL just doesnt seem to want to pick it up, so i cant even START the installation!

Was wondering if you found a solution, or if you got your drive working inside yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back